USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 6, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #6,181 of 6,181
Well, I've been using PowerAmp and UAPP, and in their default configurations they both seem to draw very little power.

I think the power draw of the actual headphones/headphone jack and DAC/Amp circuits is much higher than either app and they are both very, very low power draw apps according to my battery report from my LG V60. It would be amazing if only the Apps drew power, because then I'd get like 200-300 hours of playtime, but since that's literally impossible, it's more like 40-80 hours of playtime from 100%-0%, thus crushing the battery life of all actually available DAPs on the market.

Both seem to be excellent and transparent overall, to my ears.

UAPP is slightly more prone to crashing and takes longer to update the library, and PowerAmp has a slightly better UI.

Sound-wise, as I mentioned above, they are both transparent with UAPP being very slightly louder at the same system volume, for some reason. To volume match I have to turn up PowerAmp by 2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back