Vintage OG and Present Day TOTL Impressions
May 4, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #1,516 of 1,520
I didn't have them both on hand together. My hunch would be that the Valkyria might be just a bit more resolving to me, but that they're both close. In terms of actual detail retrieval, all three (including the HE90) are probably close/similar. But the HE90 is just so good in every category that overall it competes with anything at any level, for me. Before this, the Susvara is what struck me as the most complete headphone (as in lack of weaknesses and strengths across the board). The HE90 beats it at that and it comes across as overall very resolving. But I wouldn't expect to hear things that I wouldn't hear or as pronounced in the Valkyria and Caldera.
Thanks this help A lot
1714843675589.gif

May 5, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #1,517 of 1,520
Sharing here ahead of making for sale posts. I'll be putting up the CA-1a and Expanse in the next week or so, and totally at a fair price and open to fair offers. Just let me know ahead of time if so.

Also going to put up the Sr1a, but I want to send it to Raal first just to double check that everything is good to go. From day 1, the clipping on heavier bass tracks has been a bit too much/unacceptable to me and I want to make sure they're operating as intended before putting them up for sale. :)

I also said I would never do it, but I'm very likely going to put the HE60 up for sale. Need to think a bit more about it, but I keep reading posts about how people are really interested in trying them (and they're amazing for their tier), and I'm mainly keeping them for sentimental value and as a keepsake to have with the HE90. I overpaid ridiculously for my pair, but vow to give someone at better deal to a degree. Plus I have backups of everything, headband, cable, pads lol, this shouldn't just sit lol

Will likely put up the 009 as well. With the Immanis and SGL Sr., they will never get use lol. But one of my all time favorites.

Long story short, I'm getting tired of just seeing some of these headphones sit and they probably deserve better homes. With the Immanis coming in, plus one last major hobby purchase looming (you'll just have to wait and see :)), plus getting ready to move, it's time to clear house!

May 6, 2024 at 8:30 AM Post #1,519 of 1,520
It makes sense to sell He60... You're way above in technical performance, equipped with many totl hps.
Some Young fella might start his journey with amazing tonality and decent tech senns.
You're way above regular headier in terms of gear collection. But keep in mind there are only 3 Orpheus'

---

Thanks for the input here. Yea that's how I've started to think through it. It was my first TOTL stat and I remember the experience vividly. It's said seeing it sit. However, it looks incredible next to the HE90, I really like how both of these headphones were built (and the old sennheiser style altogether). Simple, elegant and comfortable.

Also, sell wise, both the 009 and HE60 won't net me much, so it's seemed silly not to keep them. But yea, would be great to have in the hands of people actually using them.

------

Separate from the above, how are people with higher end/vintage cans storing them? I'm using the stax covers but it's unsightly and now with more cans just unsustainable. Thinking about looking into a humidity controlled cabinet. I can't deal with using all of the storage boxes separately.

May 6, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #1,520 of 1,520
Separate from the above, how are people with higher end/vintage cans storing them? I'm using the stax covers but it's unsightly and now with more cans just unsustainable

Stax covers for all vintage and estat headphones..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back