Wheatfield HA - 1
Aug 9, 2001 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sackley

Audiophile can you spare a dime?
I think I am going to go ahead and get the Wheatfield HA - 1 to drive my Senn's. My last question before going ahead and getting this is for the price range, is there a headphone amp with a line out that is any better for the money? I prefer to buy this new.

Aug 9, 2001 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 9
I've heard good things about this amp. Remind me, which tubes does it use?

I saw one used on Audiogon a couple weeks ago, and almost got it.

Brian.

Aug 9, 2001 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 9
I sent it back because I couldn't get over how lightweight the whole sound was. The slightly more expensive amps constitute significant improvement and are worth every penny.

Aug 9, 2001 at 2:40 PM Post #6 of 9
The Earmax Pro isn't "slightly more expensive" for me. Also, I do not think the Earmax has a line out on it. Thanks for the warning though. What would you say then? It could be solid state.

Aug 9, 2001 at 2:46 PM Post #7 of 9
Good tubes can/will make all the difference in the world. I've heard the Wheatfield can be made to sound much better than it does from factory with the OEM tubes, whatever they may be.

Aug 10, 2001 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 9
arrowmark I tried to get ahold of some Amperex 7119's but by the time the dealer came to fill my order they were gone and the time I had to send back the amp was dwindling. To be fair the Earmax was kept stock during comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back