WIRED magazine review
Feb 22, 2008 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JasonK

Member of the Trade: Sleek Audio
Feb 22, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 10
Congrats on the review.

Maybe you should try to get that last dot for a 10/10 by sending them the updated tuning ports.
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 10
Very good review. I posted a link to it in the SA6 thread. Now, if only the Fedex guy would show up with my phones. It says "on the truck" but it's 4:45 and no delivery yet. They have until 7, but the snow might screw it all up.

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are very excited at the review we have received from WIRED magazine. We put it up on our review site Sleek Audio Reviews or you can check it out at:

Review: Sleek Audio SA6 In-Ear Headphones Sing to Your Ears | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

It is exciting to see all of this falling into place after almost 3 years of non-stop work. Mark, the Sleek Team and myself could not be happier at this time.

Jason

Awesome Jason! Congratulations Sleek People.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 24, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #6 of 10
Cool review, congratulations.

Feb 24, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You read my mind
biggrin.gif

Jason-
Congrats on the review. These guys have the more accurate ears it seems, unlike the CNET reviewer. Did the CNET guy not have the treble + tip that is now included? I just don't see how he could be wanting for any better treble. That is what I find is the strength of this earphone (well, the mids too)....how smooth and lush the treble is. I've not heard anything quite like until now. How in the world did you get this sound without any hint of harshness? I'm curious, did you guys do a custom single armature driver? It certainly can't be anything off the shelf that is used in any other brands.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble- congrats again after 3 years of work... it sure is paying off. I hope you guys start to reap the rewards now.

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jason-
Congrats on the review. These guys have the more accurate ears it seems, unlike the CNET reviewer. Did the CNET guy not have the treble + tip that is now included? I just don't see how he could be wanting for any better treble. That is what I find is the strength of this earphone (well, the mids too)....how smooth and lush the treble is. I've not heard anything quite like until now. How in the world did you get this sound without any hint of harshness? I'm curious, did you guys do a custom single armature driver? It certainly can't be anything off the shelf that is used in any other brands.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble- congrats again after 3 years of work... it sure is paying off. I hope you guys start to reap the rewards now.

Here's a direct quote from their website to answer your question
smily_headphones1.gif
:

"It’s true that our custom designed, single armature driver may cost us more than if we went with a dual or triple driver system, but sound, size, and quality would have been sacrificed, and your listening experience is more important than that."

Source

Users who are viewing this thread

Back