ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Apr 29, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #6,736 of 6,740
Wierd my aeolus ltd African blackwood from 2019 has more hole then usual 2 hole and 4 small ones

1000025494.jpg
Mine had a few small holes like that as well, but in different positions. I believe when testing each set Zach makes any necessary modifications to get the sound he desires, so the holes could be random while tuning. Meaning there could be a lot of variation in the holes on each unit.

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #6,737 of 6,740
Mine had a few small holes like that as well, but in different positions. I believe when testing each set Zach makes any necessary modifications to get the sound he desires, so the holes could be random while tuning. Meaning there could be a lot of variation in the holes on each unit.
Wow never knew about that, then each aeolus pre-2020 is unique on thier own headphones in a way 😊

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #6,738 of 6,740
Just now experiencing a tube hp amp for the first time with Aeolus and…wow. The difference is stunning. I liked these headphones before but now I can’t put them down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
May 1, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #6,739 of 6,740
Just now experiencing a tube hp amp for the first time with Aeolus and…wow. The difference is stunning. I liked these headphones before but now I can’t put them down.
That’s the way to go with ZMF dynamics hp. I have the HA-6A and the combo is superb; even more so when you use NOS tubes.

May 2, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #6,740 of 6,740
At CanJam Dallas, I listened to Aeolus via the Feliks Envy, which on paper is a bit of a mismatch, being an $8000 amp. But there they were just sitting next to each other in the ZMF room. Couldn't believe how the Aeolus scaled up and sounded pretty amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back