ZMF Atrium Closed
May 9, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #931 of 3,180
May 9, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #932 of 3,180
Headphone smells and tastes? I agree ZMF headphones are a delight to the senses but now it sounds like we are becoming wine sommeliers :wine_glass::beyersmile:
Personally I prefer to consume my special liquids (Scotch, bourbon) while WEARING my ZMFs.

Did I misunderstand the assignment? 😂

May 9, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #933 of 3,180
Headphone smells and tastes? I agree ZMF headphones are a delight to the senses but now it sounds like we are becoming wine sommeliers :wine_glass::beyersmile:
Haha, let’s just review all future LTD releases on looks and smell. We already know how wood hardness affects the sound so no need to cover it again 😉

I don’t dare taste my olive wood though. Maybe if Zach could send me a extra wood sample…

May 9, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #934 of 3,180
Personally I prefer to consume my special liquids (Scotch, bourbon) while WEARING my ZMFs.

Did I misunderstand the assignment? 😂
It adds a certain lucidity to the sound that any sober man could only ever hope for.

May 9, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #935 of 3,180
It adds a certain lucidity to the sound that any sober man could only ever hope for.

Just wait for the new Bourbon Barrel LTD models coming out.

May 9, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #936 of 3,180
Just wait for the new Bourbon Barrel LTD models coming out.
The cups are just clear, hollow resin with a cap on them that act as flasks for your alcohol. Not only does the alcohol used change the sound profile, you can also pour it straight from the headphone while listening to enhance the experience 😂

May 9, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #937 of 3,180
The cups are just clear, hollow resin with a cap on them that act as flasks for your alcohol. Not only does the alcohol used change the sound profile, you can also pour it straight from the headphone while listening to enhance the experience 😂
So, essentially, liquor + ZMFs = shrooms without the hassle?

May 9, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #938 of 3,180
Would love to see if amongst your collection of darker woods. I'm in the same boat -- I generally prefer darker woods, but olive is just too hard to pass up. :)
My collection of ZMFs. I probably should stop getting any more.

The olive is beautiful and really does stand out because of the color. I bet light color stands like the white oak salire would look great with this!

IMG_3862.jpeg

May 10, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #941 of 3,180
My collection of ZMFs. I probably should stop getting any more.

The olive is beautiful and really does stand out because of the color. I bet light color stands like the white oak salire would look great with this!

IMG_3862.jpeg
Your Eikon (Atticus?)/Verité Open are similar in general coloration to my Eikon Bocote and Verité Closed Blackwood (below) - thank you for the “sneak preview” of what an Olivewood Atrium Closed would look like in my small collection! 😉😊

IMG_2430.jpeg

May 10, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #942 of 3,180
Comrades, tell me if it fits Hiby RS8 to Zmf AC. I have always disliked the Denon 9200 in my collection, but Hiby has improved a lot in sound and now it is a step forward in all directions (accuracy, musicality, timbre, stage, dynamics). But with Meze Elite (maybe something will change with the run-in), but there is no great synergy here, which has built me up a lot. So, do you think Hiby RS8 and AC will be a combo or will it be the same?

May 10, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #943 of 3,180
Comrades, tell me if it fits Hiby RS8 to Zmf AC. I have always disliked the Denon 9200 in my collection, but Hiby has improved a lot in sound and now it is a step forward in all directions (accuracy, musicality, timbre, stage, dynamics). But with Meze Elite (maybe something will change with the run-in), but there is no great synergy here, which has built me up a lot. So, do you think Hiby RS8 and AC will be a combo or will it be the same?

Why you don't like the pairing of RS8 and Meze Elite?

When I tried AC with RS8 in canjam, it sounds ok actually. However, that's based on my preference (which I also think Elite and RS8 are quite ok too).

May 10, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #944 of 3,180
Thinking about pulling the trigger on Atrium Closed. Was really looking forward the next ZMF closed release. Just wondering how well it performs alongside with Caldera and which gernes you think Atrium works best compared to Caldera, what would be the benefits? Since Caldera is so strong is bass department already, got good stage and will certainly be better in detail retrieval.

May 10, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #945 of 3,180
Thinking about pulling the trigger on Atrium Closed. Was really looking forward the next ZMF closed release. Just wondering how well it performs alongside with Caldera and which gernes you think Atrium works best compared to Caldera, what would be the benefits? Since Caldera is so strong is bass department already, got good stage and will certainly be better in detail retrieval.
I think both headphones handle bass superbly with respect to quantity and quality.

I think it would come down to whether and to what extent your preferences lean planar vs dynamic. For me, while I appreciated the detail and quality of the bass on the Caldera, I find the AC much more to my liking. Not a knock on the Caldera, speaks more to my love for (ZMF!) dynamics and probably not loving planar sound in general.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back