ZMF Caldera Closed
May 6, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #391 of 393
Just some more thoughts while listening this morning before work. The depth of the staging with the CC's is quite stunning for a closed back, and something that is really starting to stand out to me. The speed of the drivers let's everything stay well fleshed out, and nothing sounds too diffused or soft despite being further out. The overall balance top to bottom is excellent as well, and like others have mentioned any genre I throw at them sounds perfect. They have a slight dark tilt, with excellent speed and texture, and super deep staging, that just suits my preferences perfectly. Nothing is over exaggerated or peaky sounding. I am really digging Electronica like Max Cooper, Gidge, and Christian Loffler this morning.

I really feel this driver type let's Zach truly strut his stuff with the tuning, and he nailed it out of the park with the CC for my preferences.

May 6, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #392 of 393
Thanks for this comparison as I was on the fence on which one would be for me. Can you add some points regards sound stage differences between the two please.
For me the AC has a more intimate soundstage. The venue is a little smaller and I am closer to the stage. CC has a little bigger stage and I am a few rows back. For closed back HPs, I find no issue with the staging. I do not find either closed in which is an impressive feat by ZMF. That said, for sure the discerning of soundstage is a weakness of mine. I think others will chime in with a better description.

May 6, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #393 of 393
Another thing jumping out at me this morning is how real piano sounds with the CC. I feel the piano is one of the harder instruments to get to sound right (real/lifelike), and the CC nails it.

This headphone just doesn't let up, and has so much going right for it, that it definitely is taking some time to learn all that it has to offer. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back