Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 31, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #10,891 of 10,895
That's all I'm wondering. Does it lose enough charge overnight for 43 minutes of charging before desktop mode...
There is trickle charging implemented here, so it takes a while before turning into desktop mode even though the battery is full.

May 31, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #10,892 of 10,895
If it's trickle charging, won't the menu light flash the colour according to the power it's recieving? As per its menu suggests?

May 31, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #10,893 of 10,895
That's all I'm wondering. Does it lose enough charge overnight for 43 minutes of charging before desktop mode...
Posts from @daveya and @VishnuKare said it right, that 43mins is not time needed to charge again. You think it is.

It uses that time before deciding to decouple the battery from the mojo2. A strategic decision to avoid being trickle charge for too long.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #10,894 of 10,895
I highly doubt it loses that much battery. I think it's just programed to wait a while before switching over into desktop mode.

Jun 1, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #10,895 of 10,895
With iem, its Blue does the trick....
With HP leave it off or Red.....
Yeah, I only use Red with my headphones.
Crossfeed is very recording dependent. I really only use it with early stereo recordings that have total LR separation, sometimes with modern chamber music recordings. Nevertheless, some folks seem to like crossfeed with everything. As with anything in audio, YMMV.
I’m one of them who uses crossfeed almost with everything. :)
I'm finding crossfeed makes things sound muddier in the lower frequency. Slightly centralises channels, but not yet convinced it's more enjoyable.
Yes, the lower frequencies may be slightly less clear. As I always use EQ and crossfeed together it maybe that boosting the bass counteracts the effect of the crossfeed, but IDK.

Let me just add that the benefits of crossfeed are highly dependant on the quality of the actual crossfeed implementation, and I consider Chord’s to be very good. In other cases, such as when using Roon, I prefered not to use crossfeed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back