DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
May 30, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #2,506 of 2,516
I personally use them with the Divinus Velvet and they fit quite nicely. The candy are a pain to apply on the set, but divinus gets connected instantly. And pairs well imo. Here's my setup from today morning.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-30 at 11.15.46.jpeg
Yours look beautiful, I do enjoy comparing the designs with other owners 😅 here are mine with azlas on..

I do enjoy them with the S&S tips, I'll need to give the velvets a go.

Attachments

• 20240530_200126.jpg
    20240530_200126.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
May 30, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #2,507 of 2,516
Yours look beautiful, I do enjoy comparing the designs with other owners 😅 here are mine with azlas on..

I do enjoy them with the S&S tips, I'll need to give the velvets a go.
Man don't get me started on the design part today. I looked at an image today somewhere that had those dark brown ones, now I want one more :sob::sob:

May 30, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #2,508 of 2,516
To Da Vinci users, how do they sound with electronic, soundtracks and atmospheric music (Hans Zimmer, Biosphere, Craig Padilla, etc)

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #2,509 of 2,516
Is anyone able to compare the Tansio Mirai X to the Dunu DaVinci please? I have several Penon and ISN IEMs already (Serial, Quattro, Neo 5, and more) and was hoping for something different but still rich, bassy and musical without intense treble.

May 31, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #2,510 of 2,516
Normally and logically it is easy to explain why the Glacier changes the sound in the upper treble and brings forward the microdetails with the S&S tips. When inserted into the ear canal the shape of the front of the ear tip creates a horn-like shape that gradually becomes larger at the top. This makes the sound in the midrange smoother and extends the treble due to the unique shape and flexibility of the tips. This concept is not new to the audio world , similar principles can be seen in speakers , tweeters where horn shapes affect and extend the treble.
The Glacier has 4 ESTs for treble and treble air making the treble come forward and noticeable when using these eartips. What I don’t see are short ear tips and this is missing from most IEMs. Short ear tips can be found for wireless IEMs but they should not be exclusively for wireless IEMs as short ear tips avoid any resonance and can be a game changer for some.
I personally found the perfect balance for me by cutting the S&S tips a tad to make them a bit shorter and I achieved the best sound possible with this IEM.
The S&S and very short tips are the way to go for me.
The shape depending on how deep the insertion is can create more or less of a horn effect using these ear tips. That’s why I noticed differences with the same ear tips the next day.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #2,513 of 2,516
To Da Vinci users, how do they sound with electronic, soundtracks and atmospheric music (Hans Zimmer, Biosphere, Craig Padilla, etc)
I don't exactly listen to a lot of such music, but for me with Daft Punk it sounds good for those EDM tracks. Hans Zimmer i tried "A Dark Knight" and it sounded quite good. On point technicalities, doesn't sound congested at all, and Tonally nice to.

Jun 1, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #2,514 of 2,516
Anyone here got the DUNU S&S tips and tried it on the DaVinci?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back