Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 31, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #18,558 of 18,566
@Reactcore - thanks for the confirmation of that viewpoint. I am a tweaker at heart, I work in medical imaging and always tweaking something, but have to agree just having a complete reliable system that sounds good is most likely the way to go.

I usually purchase new but might look pre-owned if in good condition at the timing is right. Also need to find a good streamer to feed the M-Scaler with an optical out. I mentioned the Melco but it is only USB. I know there are a few options out there. Not sure if I need it to be Roon or now as I am not looking for that type of long term commitment.

Thoughts on a streamer to front the M-Scaler?

May 31, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #18,560 of 18,566
@Reactcore - thanks for the confirmation of that viewpoint. I am a tweaker at heart, I work in medical imaging and always tweaking something, but have to agree just having a complete reliable system that sounds good is most likely the way to go.

I usually purchase new but might look pre-owned if in good condition at the timing is right. Also need to find a good streamer to feed the M-Scaler with an optical out. I mentioned the Melco but it is only USB. I know there are a few options out there. Not sure if I need it to be Roon or now as I am not looking for that type of long term commitment.

Oh i tweaked my heart out.. just see the links in my signature 😄

For streamers theres plenty choces.. id say go with the most convenient interfaced one.

I dont stream myself, ive made a player out of a thinclient PC with a ddc and foobar2k & Jriver MC with multiple remote apps on my phone/tablet.

It reads files locally from disk and using SMB from my network storage.

Jun 1, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #18,561 of 18,566

A pi4 with an optical hat will give you bit perfect into the mscaler. I use a justboom optical hat. It has very low jitter. An ifi power supply is an economical low noise option. I use ropieee for the software which gives you every type of software interface.

Jun 1, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #18,562 of 18,566
Hi guys, could someone help me please?
After a long time I am finally connecting my desktop setup back to work. But I have a dilema, how should I connect my M Scaler (and Hugo TT2 also) to the power? Should I connect 15V plug to M Scaler first, and then to my Niagara 1200, or otherwise?
This might looks like noob question, but sticker on 15V power brick show this, so I am little bit confused:) . I also read manual for both devices, but didnt find specific answer for it.
maybe @Rob Watts
IMG_3587.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #18,563 of 18,566
Hi guys, could someone help me please?
After a long time I am finally connecting my desktop setup back to work. But I have a dilema, how should I connect my M Scaler (and Hugo TT2 also) to the power? Should I connect 15V plug to M Scaler first, and then to my Niagara 1200, or otherwise?
This might looks like noob question, but sticker on 15V power brick show this, so I am little bit confused:) . I also read manual for both devices, but didnt find specific answer for it.
maybe @Rob Watts
IMG_3587.jpeg
To the wall first, then you connect the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back