iBasso DX180 Got your music? Enjoy the concert! Released and ready to play.
Jun 1, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #136 of 150
Could someone kindly compare this to the DX260? If possible, include the RS6 and N3 Ultra as well. I would appreciate finding a portable DAP aside from my DX300 Max.

Jun 1, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #137 of 150
Best EU dealer for iBasso and other Chi-fi brands is NT Global. You can buy the DX180 from here - https://hifi-passion.de/iBasso-DX180/HL02344

It seems like it’s not yet available in stock at NT Global. If you want it now, you can order from the Bulgarian shop (ibasso-shop.eu).

Stay away from shops like Hifigo and Aliexpress (unless you are desperate).
Much appreciated reply, thanks. Will keep it in mind.
Thinking of a JP NW ZX-707 or an DX180. Can't really decide.

Jun 1, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #138 of 150
Could someone kindly compare this to the DX260? If possible, include the RS6 and N3 Ultra as well. I would appreciate finding a portable DAP aside from my DX300 Max.
Watch the Bloomaudio review one page earlier where DX260 is compared.
Also still waiting for Alex, Twister review

Jun 1, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #139 of 150
Watch the Bloomaudio review one page earlier where DX260 is compared.
Also still waiting for Alex, Twister review
Im really curious for the experience with DX180 as a transport (through coax) for D16, your ideas will be very appreciated:relaxed:

Jun 1, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #140 of 150
Im really curious for the experience with DX180 as a transport (through coax) for D16, your ideas will be very appreciated:relaxed:
I will report.
That is planned to be my serious mobile listening setup though I am also wondering how DX180 will sound with LO into PB5

Jun 1, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #141 of 150
based on his rieview not a night and day sound upgrade from 170 so may skip it if more reviews say same
Sound upgrade is minimal. But the UI performance, system speed, Android 13 OS, and especially battery life all seem to be significant improvements over the DX170.

Further to this, for those like me with a DX160 there were less improvements there going to the DX170. Mostly WiFi performance. For me this may be an ideal,time to upgrade.

Jun 1, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #142 of 150
Looking forward to receiving my unit......ordered Thursday from Bloom and UPS track listing said arriving between 12pm and 2pm Friday, then 2 pm and 4pm...then--Delay--arriving Monday --NOW saying arriving today---I think they are playing a Prank on me---not very funny of them. I do not blame Bloom--ALWAYS A+ customer service and my go to place to buy--usually order something and it really does arrive the next day--they are in NJ and I am in CT---not sure what UPS is doing to me---ungh!☹

edit--Now says OUT FOR DELIVERY--between 12-45 and 2-45----for now.....yea, sure....not falling for it 🙄

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #145 of 150
Yes, there is a difference in sound from the DX170 and DX180 and the DX260. They all use the dac chip a little differently and there are different components being used.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 1, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #146 of 150
I noticed the DX180 has a output impedance of 0.6 ohms and that should stop any colorization of the sound where as the Shanling m5 Ultra is 6.6 ohms and I am sure it does color some gear in some ways.

We talk synergies maybe that's part of the equation I don't fully understand the techi stuff in that regards maybe Paul can shed more light on the why and how that would be appreciated.

Jun 1, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #147 of 150
I noticed the DX180 has a output impedance of 0.6 ohms and that should stop any colorization of the sound where as the Shanling m5 Ultra is 6.6 ohms and I am sure it does color some gear in some ways.

We talk synergies maybe that's part of the equation I don't fully understand the techi stuff in that regards maybe Paul can shed more light on the why and how that would be appreciated.
The rule of thumb is you multiply the output impedance by 10 to come up with the least resistance in the driver for the best outcome. I have heard closer resistances work and sound good but it starts to mess with the frequency response with a mismatch. With drivers often found now around 16 ohms, you have to stay with a lower output impedance for the best match. 0.6 will accommodate a 16 ohm driver without issue with frequencies being the least skewed. There is also bass impact that can be affected.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 1, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #148 of 150
The rule of thumb is you multiply the output impedance by 10 to come up with the least resistance in the driver for the best outcome. I have heard closer resistances work and sound good but it starts to mess with the frequency response with a mismatch. With drivers often found now around 16 ohms, you have to stay with a lower output impedance for the best match. 0.6 will accommodate a 16 ohm driver without issue with frequencies being the least skewed. There is also bass impact that can be affected.
Rule of 8

Jun 1, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #149 of 150
Well-Delivered today :ksc75smile: --and I can happily report that this is a VERY nice unit--I have the Ibasso dx 300 with EVERY available amp for it and wanted a more portable unit because I really enjoy the ibasso "audio experience"--first rate in my opinion. the unit is lightweight and comfortable in hand---sound is VERY nice upon first listen--obviously need some more time with it but so far I am very happy! Great sound quality--lively, engaging--musical , resolving and detailed- I am impressed so far---😋

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #150 of 150
Based on Steve Kostas' review (thanks Steve), reading between the lines, along with reviews of the DX170 and DX 260, I am about to make a sound sound decision and order from Bloom though perhaps an unsound financial decision for me at this time. It seems I can just pop the microsd card out of my android phone, drop it in the DX180, install the dbPowerAmp player and PEG set perfectly for my IEM in my phone in the DX180 and I'm good to go. Since I am someone who is not wedded to their phone, it'll be a relief to retire the phone till I need it. Any comment or advice on how this would work? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back