Niimbus Ultimate Series US4/US4+/US5/US5 Pro Headphone Amps - by Lake People
May 25, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #1,788 of 1,794
If you take the top cover off you'll see that there's a twisted pair of thin wires running from a position on the edge of the volume knob to one of the internal circuit boards. As you rotate the knob, those wires kind of sweep around. It could be the wires are getting caught on something as you turn the knob and that's causing the clicking noise and the resistance.

May 25, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #1,789 of 1,794
If you take the top cover off you'll see that there's a twisted pair of thin wires running from a position on the edge of the volume knob to one of the internal circuit boards. As you rotate the knob, those wires kind of sweep around. It could be the wires are getting caught on something as you turn the knob and that's causing the clicking noise and the resistance.
Yeah that’s what I’m worried about. I want to take a look but don’t want to void the warranty.

May 25, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #1,790 of 1,794
Yeah that’s what I’m worried about. I want to take a look but don’t want to void the warranty.
It's probably worth consulting with the manufacturer. I'm just speculating, but maybe they'll ask you to look inside and give you an assurance that your warranty won't be impacted. It's possible the solution is to simply un-kink the wires by hand and you'll be able to avoid sending the unit back to Germany.

May 29, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #1,791 of 1,794
Ok, I'm concerned about something else now. When playing a certain track the status will go red and I'll have to wait a bit to hear anything. It will keep happening if I continue to play this track.

https://mega.nz/file/cdpilDJI#iLJejz9craySyx-ynDU_CtWVK2PnOnSr7sJntzkA3RE

I'm curious if it happens on anyone else's. I did try with 3 different DACs and only one didn't have the problem so your DAC might affect it. Very strange.

Last edited:
May 30, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #1,792 of 1,794
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back