Jun 1, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #1,006 of 1,014
A little break-in with a little sneak listen 😀:
IMG_8182.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #1,007 of 1,014
... well underway, now ... ☁️ 🎼 😊🎶 ☁️
IMG_8183.jpeg

Jun 1, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #1,008 of 1,014
Just need to vent somewhere about how bad FedEx is. My Aegis was scheduled for delivery between 11-3 yesterday, so I had my wife at home ready to sign for it while I was at work. Then it gets delayed until today. No explanation, just the word “Delay”.

This morning it says “out for delivery” as of 4:36am, with expected delivery between 10-2. I stay home all day, afraid I’ll miss the truck if I go anywhere. Around 4:00, I watch a FedEx Ground truck pass my house twice. I actually hopped in my car and flagged him down before he left my neighborhood. I gave him my address, and he says it’s not on his truck. He says maybe it’s on the “Express” truck. I tell him it’s a “FedEx Home Delivery” which is basically FedEx Ground with Saturday residential deliveries. He acts like he’s never heard of it.

So here I am with two days wasted, sitting around waiting to sign for a package that never arrives. I think the expected delivery windows infuriate me the most. All those do is get your hopes up and then disappoint you.

I get overnight shipments at work everyday from UPS, and they arrive on time 99% of the time. On the few occasions that I have to use FedEx Overnight, I basically tell my customers to expect it to take 2 days. They are horribly unreliable.

It’s not ZMF’s fault of course, and I know this is a specific failing of my local FedEx branch location, but it’s just so disappointing to have expected a whole weekend with the Aegis, and now, if I’m lucky, it’ll probably come Monday while I’m at work and there will be no one home to sign for it. I should probably just get them to hold it at a FedEx location at this point.

Sorry for the length of my complaints! Rant over.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #1,009 of 1,014
Just need to vent somewhere about how bad FedEx is. My Aegis was scheduled for delivery between 11-3 yesterday, so I had my wife at home ready to sign for it while I was at work. Then it gets delayed until today. No explanation, just the word “Delay”.

This morning it says “out for delivery” as of 4:36am, with expected delivery between 10-2. I stay home all day, afraid I’ll miss the truck if I go anywhere. Around 4:00, I watch a FedEx Ground truck pass my house twice. I actually hopped in my car and flagged him down before he left my neighborhood. I gave him my address, and he says it’s not on his truck. He says maybe it’s on the “Express” truck. I tell him it’s a “FedEx Home Delivery” which is basically FedEx Ground with Saturday residential deliveries. He acts like he’s never heard of it.

So here I am with two days wasted, sitting around waiting to sign for a package that never arrives. I think the expected delivery windows infuriate me the most. All those do is get your hopes up and then disappoint you.

I get overnight shipments at work everyday from UPS, and they arrive on time 99% of the time. On the few occasions that I have to use FedEx Overnight, I basically tell my customers to expect it to take 2 days. They are horribly unreliable.

It’s not ZMF’s fault of course, and I know this is a specific failing of my local FedEx branch location, but it’s just so disappointing to have expected a whole weekend with the Aegis, and now, if I’m lucky, it’ll probably come Monday while I’m at work and there will be no one home to sign for it. I should probably just get them to hold it at a FedEx location at this point.

I am not waiting on an Aegis shipment, but will agree with you sentiment, FedEx is horrific! They have actually marked very expensive shipments of mine in the past as "Delivered", so thank God for my security camera system to provide proof of this not being the case, otherwise I would have been out a lot of money in the past. I avoid them at all costs, no matter what. I'd rather literally any other shipping vendor over FedEx.

Jun 1, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #1,010 of 1,014
I think it just depends on how they operate in your local area. I've had very few problems with them. I often will redirect a package to a local FedEx pickup location so I don't have to worry about missing them at home.

Jun 1, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #1,011 of 1,014

I routinely opt for FedEx to hold at a specific location. It is secure, I always sign for the item, I have had no issues with this practice.

Jun 1, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #1,012 of 1,014
I routinely opt for FedEx to hold at a specific location. It is secure, I always sign for the item, I have had no issues with this practice.
I do the same for all my expensive purchases that allows it. Haven’t had a problem w/ it. 95% of times the items are delivered as scheduled. Small bonus of knowing that I can get the item at my time vs wait around and it’s safe from poarch pirates. Haven’t had that unfortunate exp but you just never know.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #1,013 of 1,014
Lesson learned. I’ll definitely have my next FedEx delivery held at a location. I was optimistic this time since my wife was going to be at home Friday when it was an initially scheduled, and then after the delay I’ve been home all day Saturday waiting for it. They still haven’t attempted delivery once. It’s really pathetic.

Jun 1, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #1,014 of 1,014

It may not necessarily be the fault of ZMF but they are the ones who decided on which delivery service to use. Perhaps they should think of switching to another company. Even USPS would be better. For Canadian customers like myself USPS would likely be the best as they just hand off the parcel to Canada Post. CP has their faults of course but in my experience they are still better than the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back