Aune M1P
May 10, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #466 of 480
Hi Auneaudio! My M1P has developed clicking when playing high res files particularly 24-48 and 24-96 but not 16-44 or 24-44. Any ideas? I already tried reinstalling firmware 1.07. I have not tried 1.075 as others pointed out it gave them more problems. I might try going back to the original firmware. Thanks in advance for the response.

May 10, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #467 of 480
Hi Auneaudio! My M1P has developed clicking when playing high res files particularly 24-48 and 24-96 but not 16-44 or 24-44. Any ideas? I already tried reinstalling firmware 1.07. I have not tried 1.075 as others pointed out it gave them more problems. I might try going back to the original firmware. Thanks in advance for the response.
Didn’t realize 1.078 is released. I will try that.

May 13, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #470 of 480
Hi Aune! I posted previously that my M1P had developed clicks when playing high res files particularly 24-48 and 24-96 but not 24-44 and 16-44. I tried all available firmware but the clicks remained. I tried another sd card (Samsung) and no clicks. The sd cards that have clicks are by Sandisk. Any recommendation?

May 13, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #471 of 480
Hi Aune! I posted previously that my M1P had developed clicks when playing high res files particularly 24-48 and 24-96 but not 24-44 and 16-44. I tried all available firmware but the clicks remained. I tried another sd card (Samsung) and no clicks. The sd cards that have clicks are by Sandisk. Any recommendation?
Hi,
Just for info. Retailer told me that the Aune M1P was very sensitive to type/quality of card used. I too use Samsung (Evo Plus) and works perfectly.

May 18, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #475 of 480
I just received my M1p which I was able to test on the HighEnd in Munich. The sound it produces with my Hifimen Sundra and also the IEM 1More Penta Driver I find superb (both with balanced cables). But also simple headphones and earphones sound very good.
Esspecially the bass is very convicing, and unexpected to getn this kind of bass out of an inear.
There is no noise floor, unless it is in the music itself. I really like that device and I am looking forward to take in on my trip.

Also nicely working is streaming using bluetooth. When I play a flac on my cellphone, the sound of the M1p is still very good, to me not much different than playing it from SD card. (Note: Do long-press on "down" to activate/deactivate the bluetooth connection. )

However, like other posted before, I find the start up scanning a bit annoying. It takes about 12 seconds to scan my files (>20K) and I wonder why it does it.
Is it to provide this endless list of tracks in the "Music" menu. I do not really need that list.
Or is it to make it possible that the player automatically moves from one folder to the next. Well, that is a nice feature, but if it was not there, I would not expect it.

Anyway - it would be nice to optionally disable scanning or make it optional. It could be disabled by placing a file with the name .noindex in any folder and that would cause the scanner to stop there. That should be a nice addon for many and would not requirey any work on the menu, such as a new option.

The other feature I moss is support for play lists. Right now the player already support a single playlist, that is the list of favorites. So the technology seems to be there already.
@AuneAudio can you please implement support for M3U files. It does not have to write these files, but simply load an existing M3U files and play it. If not possible otherwise, it could also take the contents of the M3U files and load it into the list displayed by the "Favourites" menu.

May 18, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #476 of 480
However, like other posted before, I find the start up scanning a bit annoying. It takes about 12 seconds to scan my files (>20K) and I wonder why it does it.
I have a feeling that the device only has ram that gets cleared when it's turned off. So there's techincally no ability for the device to cache the SD card, thus scanning every boot.

So we'll never get this feature, which I'm ok with. 12 seconds to scan files to listen to them for 1hr or more is not a big deal.

May 19, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #477 of 480
Yes, I'm aware that the M1p lacks a SQL database but can still read the FAT directory structure. I haven't found any documentation explaining why scanning is necessary, especially since playing music directly from the directory structure doesn't require it technically. The need for scanning seems to be only for the "Music" list, but the use of this list is unclear to me.

The scanning process wouldn't bother me, if it weren't so easy to accidentally turn off the device. If turning it off required a second click, perhaps on the "back" button, it would be more convenient for me. However, I suppose I can get used to how it works now.

Implementing M3U support shouldn't be too difficult. I believe the quickest method would be to read an M3U file and copy all the listed paths into the slots reserved for favorites. Of course, this process should include a confirmation dialog. This involves simply reading the file line by line. This way, we could load a playlist that matches the current mood for playback. This feature would be highly beneficial and could also serve as an new selling point.

If the OS is actually able to write the SD card, it might be able to save favorites as M3U files, but I suppose it cannot. I expect that the writable memory lacks any file structure and is just some form of EPROM. Additionally, the favorite slots are likely to be fixed-length structures.

May 19, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #478 of 480
Today I found out that a favorite entry becomes unplayable when the connected track was renamed - this means that, as expected, the favorites are saved as pathnames.
This means that my idea to push a M3U file into favourites should actually work to add support for playlists without a lot of programming.

I also found out that the count of files which are scanned is actually limited. In my case the last file was a file from within the Pink Floyd folder, not Frank Zappa. This does not just only limit the length of the list under Music and does not affect the possibility to select any song from any folder at all. (which is great!) This means that it should be possible to exclude folders from scanning using control files, which, as a side effect, also makes the "Music" list more usable.
Programming should be easy, something like if(strcmp(filename,".noindex")==0) { exit; }

It would be great if @AuneAudio can implement this.

May 19, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #479 of 480
Today I found out that a favorite entry becomes unplayable when the connected track was renamed - this means that, as expected, the favorites are saved as pathnames.
This means that my idea to push a M3U file into favourites should actually work to add support for playlists without a lot of programming.

I also found out that the count of files which are scanned is actually limited. In my case the last file was a file from within the Pink Floyd folder, not Frank Zappa. This does not just only limit the length of the list under Music and does not affect the possibility to select any song from any folder at all. (which is great!) This means that it should be possible to exclude folders from scanning using control files, which, as a side effect, also makes the "Music" list more usable.
Programming should be easy, something like if(strcmp(filename,".noindex")==0) { exit; }

It would be great if @AuneAudio can implement this.
i wonder if this is why favourites dosnt work at all for me anymore.

before i had folder structure as artist-album > track, and have changed it to artist > album > track and my favourite button doesnt do anything at all.

before i changed the folder structure i had hit the favourite limit, which is about 400 tracks (bit crap) and i wonder if it thinks my favourites are full but looking for them in a path that doesn't exist anymore??

anyone any idea? and how would i remedy this?

also i agree having playlists m3u files would negate this

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #480 of 480
i wonder if this is why favourites dosnt work at all for me anymore.

before i had folder structure as artist-album > track, and have changed it to artist > album > track and my favourite button doesnt do anything at all.

before i changed the folder structure i had hit the favourite limit, which is about 400 tracks (bit crap) and i wonder if it thinks my favourites are full but looking for them in a path that doesn't exist anymore??

anyone any idea? and how would i remedy this?

also i agree having playlists m3u files would negate this
I guess only the Factory Reset and then manualy re-add favourites

Users who are viewing this thread

Back