DACs and Amps for Meze 109 Pro
May 6, 2024 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rpwise

New Head-Fier
Recently purchased Meze 109 Pro and am currently using the dongle that came with my Android phone, but I’ve had a few of that same kind over the years and they never seem to last long. I’m looking to understand what my options are for a few different uses cases:

1) Dongle / Portable DAC (No Battery) - Looking for something that works well with the 109 Pro, will last a long time, and ideally fits in the case. Totally ok if it’s a DAC/AMP combo. My understanding is that some of these can drain your battery more than others, definitely looking for something here that isn't a battery killer.

2) Dongle / Portable DAC (Battery Optional) - Same as above, but without the concerns about power, i.e. something like the Apogee Groove would be acceptable here if it meets the other criteria.

3) Something like the Schiit Magni Unity or Fulla - Trying to understand what these do for me over the Dongle / Portable DAC (Battery Optional). And more generally, is there any benefit to using an Amp with the 109 Pro?

I generally lean towards things not made in China, but understand that can be difficult to do with anything electronic.

Budget: ˜$500 between purchasing two of the above (but would like to understand what my options are at lower prices points, all the way down to cheapest)

May 6, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 2
hi, I would recommend the Latest version of the Ifi Hip Dac for any headphones that a reletively easy to drive.
there are many versions, and you usually see the earlier one really cheap on runout sales etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back