Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 6, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #64,292 of 64,294
hello guys, I want to know is it safe to keep our iem collections inside a dry box? I'm also keeping my iem on plastic container, could that be useless?
I keep mine in a plastic box without any problems

Jun 6, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #64,293 of 64,294
So I received my Kz X Libra today (balanced version) and wanted to share my experience with them.
First of all I changed the cable and used a 16 core HQ silver-copper cable.
I did not do any IEM/brain burn-in. I believe just listening to music is the best method and results may vary.
I started listening with the supplied tips first and damn these IEM’s are bright. I like a little bit of extra bass and a little less treble and these sounded the opposite so I did some tip rolling.
First of all I tried the DunuS&S, JVC Spiraldot, Spinfit CP100+, Whizzer ET100 and Azla Xelastec but they (as expected) did not do the sound any good.
Then I tried the Ostry OS200 and OS300 (the first silicone tips in my experience that add more bass and tame the treble like foam does) and although there was a noticeable difference the treble still was to hot and the bass underwhelming. On the positive side the Libra responded very good to the bass boost function on my Fiio Q3 MQA and x-boost on my hip dac 3 producing a deep and good sounding rumble.
In the end they sounded, in my opinion, the best with (TRN) foam and the Ostry OS300.
I also did a quick comparison with my 7Hz Salnotes Zero and I think the 7Hz sound (slightly) better.
I think this is a very good set for treble lovers on a budget especially if your DAC has some kind of bass boost or if you have a Windows/Android device where you can use some EQ.
For its price, it’s a decent IEM but I think that if you want to stay with Kz you could also consider the LingLong. If the brand does not matter I would buy the Salnotes Zero or spend a little more for the Moondrop Chu 2.
In the end I think they are not the worse IEM’s Kz have ever made and there are probably some people who would enjoy these.
Thanks for reading and remember this I just my opinion and I have preferences that other people may not have.

*edit* I tried a basic copper cable I had lying around and although this made a slight difference it was not enough to cool down treble to my preferred level.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #64,294 of 64,294
IMG_1254.jpeg
I keep mine in a plastic box without any problems
I have mine on a display😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back