Mid Fi - General chat for all discussions and general chat a Thread for all.
May 22, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #391 of 392
I own a SeeAudio Neko that came with an Effect Audio Cable like this new IEM. It is honestly one of the worst cables I've ever used and I wish I could replace it, but I can't find another cable that will stay in the 2pin connectors.
What don't you like about the Cadmus cable? If it's the way it handles, I recommend contacting EA and getting a quote on upgrading your 4w EA cable into an 8w. Their 8w cables are thicker and heavier, but they handle way better for some reason. They don't tangle and have memory kinks like their 4w cables.

Last October, EA had a Halloween promotion where they could upgrade your 4w EA cable into an 8w cable so I sent in my copper 4w Ares S to be combined with a 4w Cadmus. This franken-cable is still one of my favorites.

1716425799672.png

May 22, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #392 of 392
What don't you like about the Cadmus cable? If it's the way it handles, I recommend contacting EA and getting a quote on upgrading your 4w EA cable into an 8w. Their 8w cables are thicker and heavier, but they handle way better for some reason. They don't tangle and have memory kinks like their 4w cables.

Last October, EA had a Halloween promotion where they could upgrade your 4w EA cable into an 8w cable so I sent in my copper 4w Ares S to be combined with a 4w Cadmus. This franken-cable is still one of my favorites.

1716425799672.png
My cable has terrible memory and I've been completely unable to get it back into its original shape. I'm unable to screw swappable terminations in all the way although for whatever reason they still work (the threads seem have been been stripped). The cable overall in my opinion looks and feels like someone wanted to create a premium looking product and then cheaped out on all the materials. I won't say anything in terms of sound quality as I'm pretty firmly in the camp that cables don't do much of anything in that regard.

As I mentioned I've also been unable to replace the cable with a new one due to the 2 pin connector being seemingly stretched out. Any other 2 pin cable will slide out with a bit of jostling. I'm not sure if that was caused by the cable or if it is due to an issue on SeeAudio's side. I appreciate your suggestion to upgrade to the 8W, but I'm not a terribly big fan of thick cables and I just want to be rid of the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back