Moondrop MIAD 01 Smartphone
May 11, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #16 of 19
Thanks for the info, very useful post. I also think that the price is very low, although I'd most certainly need google pay to work in a daily driver phone.

What about the sound? Any comparisons with either daps or other source components? Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I've no experience with any desktop amp, though in the past I used a generic in-line amplifier to really push bass buds and over ears.

My Ikko OH10 sound brighter than I remember upon a flat equalization. I don't particularly like it, but with enough treble reducing equalization it gets close to what I like. I know the OH10 can do better.

My daily is a Westone W80 by 3.5mm. No more scratchy static when walking. Also, the W80 sound better than ever.

IKKO OH10
Sensitivity: 106db
Impedance: 18 Ohms
Freq: 20Hz-40kHz
1 BA + 1DD

W80-V3
Sensitivity: 111db
Impedance: 5 Ohms
Freq: 5Hz-22kHz
8 BA Drivers

May 18, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #17 of 19
I've got the Moondrop MIAD01 working on the 5G T-Mobile Network (Boost Mobile) in the US. GPS and Data works.

It's got quirks. Lacking official certification for Google Play and it's services, but Play Store, Spotify, and Waze work well enough to use daily. Fused Location does not work, that is Google's location API. NFC payment doesn't work. 1st official update won't install. I bricked Android 13 with some .apks a few times trying to fix my Fused Location.

No more static from USB to 3.5mm adapters. Wired volume adjustment is precise, feels like a hundred volume adjustment levels. Bluetooth's standard at 15 levels, but it still maxes out my car's sound system better than my iPhone 12 mini or OnePlus 12 did.

Comparing with the OnePlus 12, I see very little difference in processing speed between the two. OP12 has faster boot up time, charging speed, and you know, CERTIFICATIONS. The 120Hz AMOLED screen is beautiful.

I think if this phone were certified, I would be happy paying a few hundred more. Even with the early adopter fees (and I'm sure I'll come across more!) I like the Moondrop, and am now sad that I bought a OnePlus12. $399 was a steal.

Any questions?
Just got my unit today, and it will be my first time trying to load Google Play on an android device. Would you care to share a tutorial how you got to install it on your device? Thanks!

May 19, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #19 of 19
There is an OS update that appears on the phone but it nevers complete the first boot process. It's just stays in a frozen state.

Thoughts???

1000000037.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back