NEW HiBy R4
May 19, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #556 of 570
I don't recall there being downloadable preset tunings (Hot Monster, Digital, Ultra Hifi, Analog) in the MSEB when I had my R5 gen 1.

Where are these located @Joe Bloggs as the R4 finds them online instantly.
Are there plans to add more, as they're a good starting point for playing around with MSEB?

In other news, the R4 just about powers my Sundaras, albeit with high gain, balanced output and volume cranked up high.
They are located online for any updated version of MSEB that is aware of them.

If the MSEB of R5 gen 1 supports reading from preset file, you can load the online presets on the R4, save them to preset files and transfer them to the R5 gen 1? Was that the question?

For that matter is your R5 gen 1 firmware up to date? There was an update for it recently that added PEQ etc. many of the latest bells and whistles.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 19, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #557 of 570
They are located online for any updated version of MSEB that is aware of them.

If the MSEB of R5 gen 1 supports reading from preset file, you can load the online presets on the R4, save them to preset files and transfer them to the R5 gen 1? Was that the question?

For that matter is your R5 gen 1 firmware up to date? There was an update for it recently that added PEQ etc. many of the latest bells and whistles.
I don't have my R5 any more.

I guess I was asking if there is an online resource of preset tunings for MSEB?

I think it would be a great idea to add to the existing ones that MSEB finds instantly and automatically.

May 19, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #558 of 570
I don't have my R5 any more.

I guess I was asking if there is an online resource of preset tunings for MSEB?

I think it would be a great idea to add to the existing ones that MSEB finds instantly and automatically.
You can save MSEB presets to files you can share with others, but I have not seen an official repository for these as yet.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 19, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #559 of 570
You can save MSEB presets to files you can share with others, but I have not seen an official repository for these as yet.
Might be an idea.....?

May 19, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #563 of 570
Good evening everyone, my name is Nicola and I'm writing from Italy, I received the R4 a few days ago and mine also warms up quite a bit, I use it with low gain, 4.4 cable and KZ ZS 10 PRO headphones, I also set the battery charge battery at 80% but does not stop and continues charging up to 100%
I listen to music from the SD card both FLAC and DSD

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #564 of 570
I'm italian too
I did some tests as hiby advised me by downloading the appropriate app to see the temperature, the first just turned on, the second after 15 minutes and the third after 25... if I use it again it rises more but I turned it off for avoid further damage! It took a day to recharge it to 100% with a 30W charger
I hope this can help 😊

May 19, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #567 of 570
if you don't open it, copy the link and open it elsewhere, yes the class A gets very hot but mine reached 55 degrees, hiby says it should stay below 45 after 15 minutes... Here it is
One would look for the "quiet-therm-adc" entry in the list of temperatures in Device Info HW.

You would start the test by with the device having more than 30% charge while the USB charger is unplugged. (charge to at least 30% if not)

The "quiet-therm-adc" needs to be below 40 degrees Celsius at the start of the test. Disconnect headphones and let the device rest until this is true, if the device is too hot to start with.

Connect headphones to either 3.5mm or 4.4mm output and start playing music.

*if quiet-therm-adc rises above 45 degrees celsius within 15 min. of this, while the outside environmental temperature is no different from the start, the device may be regarded as defective.

*if quiet-therm-adc does not rise above 45 degrees, or rises above 45 degrees only after more than 15 minutes, the rate of heat generation is considered within normal range and can be effectively dealt with by existing heat dissipation mechanisms.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #569 of 570
Testing my unit for heat issues. I'm currently streaming Tidal and hardware info shows "quiet-therm-adc" is currently at 42.1 Deg Celsius. I'll observe this for 15min. Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240520-080044.png
    Screenshot_20240520-080044.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back