Night Oblivion Butastur thread
May 16, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #331 of 340
Hi guys, was thinking of trying this one but came across three things that give me pause... BTW my current IEM is Canon 2, that I sometimes run in down/down, and sometimes in up/down. Usually down/down for well recorded music. Penon Liqueur Orange tips, stock cable... actually stock cable from Hype2. Tried Hype2 and AFUL5 but like the Canon2 much more than either... it's the mids.

1) if an IEM doesn't sound good out of Apple Lightning dongle or my MB Air 2020, it's a no go. I don't see the point of portable if it isn't convenient and actually portable?. Anyway, everyone from crinacle to several reviewers I trust say the dac in the apple dongle, though featureless, is top class sonics. Pretty sure Tony in his review said it does well with Cirrus chipped dongles which I am almost certain is inside the Apple dongle.

2) Why would a company tune an IEM to H570 tips (as several posts have stated) and not include them in the packaging??????????? I mean how HARD is it to include the tips you used to tune your IEM? I have on hand Kbear A07, Spinfit W1, Tri Clarion, Penon Liqueur Orange, Final E type, a few more.

3) why would a small company ship a $600 IEM with a cable that doesn't work well for it ... make me wonder about their common sense .... or maybe the stock cable DOES work for it and all the rolling in at least 10 posts above are really just placebo or you're just having fun rolling?. Why so much cable rolling?
About H570 was somewhere at start of thread: developer can't ensure reliable supplies of the tips.
About cable rolling: you can don't worry about cable, the stock cable is very good and I doubt that you can hear significant difference in sound with apple dongle. Moreover when portability is most important.

May 17, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #332 of 340
Hi guys, was thinking of trying this one but came across three things that give me pause... BTW my current IEM is Canon 2, that I sometimes run in down/down, and sometimes in up/down. Usually down/down for well recorded music. Penon Liqueur Orange tips, stock cable... actually stock cable from Hype2. Tried Hype2 and AFUL5 but like the Canon2 much more than either... it's the mids.

1) if an IEM doesn't sound good out of Apple Lightning dongle or my MB Air 2020, it's a no go. I don't see the point of portable if it isn't convenient and actually portable?. Anyway, everyone from crinacle to several reviewers I trust say the dac in the apple dongle, though featureless, is top class sonics. Pretty sure Tony in his review said it does well with Cirrus chipped dongles which I am almost certain is inside the Apple dongle.

2) Why would a company tune an IEM to H570 tips (as several posts have stated) and not include them in the packaging??????????? I mean how HARD is it to include the tips you used to tune your IEM? I have on hand Kbear A07, Spinfit W1, Tri Clarion, Penon Liqueur Orange, Final E type, a few more.

3) why would a small company ship a $600 IEM with a cable that doesn't work well for it ... make me wonder about their common sense .... or maybe the stock cable DOES work for it and all the rolling in at least 10 posts above are really just placebo or you're just having fun rolling?. Why so much cable rolling?
Maybe save yourself 600$ and don't buy them...

May 17, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #333 of 340
Your post makes no sense here? All 4 points don't apply here?

Phone use:
Hooked-up to the included cable with 3.5mm modular plug I simply attached it to my regular 3.5mm Samsung phone. I always travel with a list of about 32GB of my latest favorite songs to play, though often that means attached to Dongles or Bluetooth. Here we just want to know how well they can sound off the regular phone amplifier.

Wow!
What a way to end this review. I mean this is way, way better than expected the Butastur to sound? Where right off the guitars holds harmonics and the fullness of the stage. Deep thorough expansions of harmonic details? There are little embellishments of cymbal strikes and nice reverberations. I hate to say this...........but there is a way with the included cable (and a phone) that sounds even more correct. Smooth yet clear woody nature with authority in the bass. In fact.........I’m even hearing the bass better separated and deeper here? Of course the overall size is just slightly smaller, but way less of a difference from DAP playback than I was expecting?

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #334 of 340
Your post makes no sense here? All 4 points don't apply here?

Phone use:
Hooked-up to the included cable with 3.5mm modular plug I simply attached it to my regular 3.5mm Samsung phone. I always travel with a list of about 32GB of my latest favorite songs to play, though often that means attached to Dongles or Bluetooth. Here we just want to know how well they can sound off the regular phone amplifier.

Wow!
What a way to end this review. I mean this is way, way better than expected the Butastur to sound? Where right off the guitars holds harmonics and the fullness of the stage. Deep thorough expansions of harmonic details? There are little embellishments of cymbal strikes and nice reverberations. I hate to say this...........but there is a way with the included cable (and a phone) that sounds even more correct. Smooth yet clear woody nature with authority in the bass. In fact.........I’m even hearing the bass better separated and deeper here? Of course the overall size is just slightly smaller, but way less of a difference from DAP playback than I was expecting?
yes your points help. What do you think of all the posts that say the stock cable isn't good and you have to hunt and peck to find a source that these IEM get along with... then mention a $300 dongle dac as the better match?

May 17, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #336 of 340
May 18, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #338 of 340
May 18, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #339 of 340
I still don't know of any IEM that can replace Butastur at this price.
I think the fact that @AmericanSpirit left the forum, coupled with the fact that Hawaiian Bad boy received the only faulty unit there is mention of, has left IEM's reputation somewhat damaged.

I never understood the criticism of the original cable. The construction is excellent, and in terms of parity with the IEM, I tested it with several recommended cables and ended up using the original cable...

Regarding the source, when I bought it I used it directly from the balanced output of my FIIO M11S and it was great, but now that I use my Prime DAC and Runabout AMP, I have better sound quality, so yes, the Butastur benefits greatly from having a better sound source. More so than my Xeens TOP...

They are a superb IEM, but like every IEM, they may not be for everyone...

I don't have experience with all BA IEMs around this price but people who have normally put this pretty high on their rankings...

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #340 of 340
I still don't know of any IEM that can replace Butastur at this price.
The one downside is the BA bass cant compete with things like Pilgrims dd bass. But everything else is perfect for me. Even then its still the best BA bass Ive heard. Symphonium's ba bass is still prob a bit better tho.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back