Shanling ET3 - Dedicated Digital CD Transport, With USB Drive and Wi-Fi Support
May 11, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #766 of 776
Probably I will do the same. Audiophonics just shipped mine :)
If my ET3 exceeds my expectations I will buy spare parts for it.
I bought a second ET3 as backup. I don't really care about the transport, but the streamer is one of the most musical that rivals some of the best streamers including a dedicated one that was over $4k which I sold in favor of ET3. Use good, clean power and AES or USB output (this requires galvanic isolator and reclocker afterwards to make USB sound close to AES).

May 13, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #769 of 776
Or at least the easy job, like the simple display mode when playing a CD. Cannot believe it is not an easy job for the software team.

May 16, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #770 of 776
My unit finally arrived today. I am not satisfied with its disc reading ability. It struggles with the discs quite a lot.
In 5 try I got 1 read error, 1 slow TOC reading, 1 very long time to start playing the first track and 2 perfect and fast reading. :rolling_eyes:
Here is one example. The disc is brand new: video

May 16, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #773 of 776
My unit finally arrived today. I am not satisfied with its disc reading ability. It struggles with the discs quite a lot.
In 5 try I got 1 read error, 1 slow TOC reading, 1 very long time to start playing the first track and 2 perfect and fast reading. :rolling_eyes:
Here is one example. The disc is brand new: video

I did not have this at all when I first received the player, but definitely noticing slow to read/start the first track on many discs now. No issues at all once it starts playback and I have never noticed any issues initially read the disc when I first put it in, only when hitting play.

May 16, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #775 of 776
It could be a faulty unit. If it persists, perhaps an exchange with the AD is in order.

May 18, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #776 of 776
The ET-3 is still serving me faithfully and well. Save for Roon where I have I2S in from the iFi Neo Stream as NAA, and occasionally the Eversolo DMP-A6 ME, the ET-3 is usually the default choice. Starting with CD playing and then either playing from external HDD or Melco NAS. Or Airplay from my iPhone. :)

IMG_4786.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back