Sony WF-1000XM5
May 11, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #1,036 of 1,039
Using outside and so far these out perform the Elite 10 by a good margin. They handle wind better (no big wind today though, so real test yet to come) and when I want to the store they seemed to cancel the sounds around me better and allowed me a much quieter noise floor.

Despite some frustrations I am starting to like these more and more.

May 11, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #1,037 of 1,039
Curious. When you go to a store, why would you want to cancel the noise. Isn't that noise the sound of the world?

May 11, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #1,038 of 1,039
EXACTLY... 😉 LOL.

Sometimes I just let in the sound of all the carts and chatter. But it is kind of nice to just listen to music while shopping. But more than anything it's just a good test bed if you want to how a headphone handles day to day noise...

May 12, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #1,039 of 1,039
So I am having a reverse honeymoon with the WF-1000XM5. I was really unhappy out of the box. But after a couple resets of the headphone and full removal and reinstall of the app the basic functions are all working and the feature not working is the Amazon Music feature which is just a nice to have feature that no other TWS has anyway.

In regards to sound I have always liked Sony and these sound quite a bit better than the XM4 in my opinion... I am now leaning towards keeping these. Will wait and see if the issues I was having come back... but maybe they stay...

The ANC and low noise floor is quite a bit better than the Elite 10 and they seem to handle wind better too. Where I live this is pretty critical for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back