Soon to be... LTA R2R DAC
May 17, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #136 of 141
I'll be visiting LTA next Friday for a demo of the Z10e and Aero. I'll be bringing my Ferrum Erco Gen 2 for a DAC comparison and also because I'd like to evaluate the Z10e by itself. Headphones will be the Stax SR-X9000 and possibly the Shangri-La Jr and MDR-Z1R depending on how much I want to put in my car.

May 17, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #137 of 141
I bit the bullet as well. Looking forward to re-creating my experience demoing the naked unit and a Z10e at LTA last year. Let's keep their staff busy fulfilling orders!
Nice - let's compare initial impressions.

May 18, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #138 of 141
I'm interested in learning more about the chains that new Aero DAC owners will be deploying.

What I am considering is:

Roon Nucleus > Fibre > Rose RS-130 or Lumin U2 > LTA Aero DAC > LTA MZ3 > Headphones

The streaming transport is one of the final pieces in the puzzle. Costs are the same, technology is really similar, but physically different. The Rose is more visually appealing, the Lumin more functional.

Headphones wise, I am considering divesting my ZMF fleet. I just don't enjoy them as much as my Arya Stealth. I have never really been blown away by them sonically - perhaps sacrilege to admit. Please don't lynch me.

I want to audition HE1000SE and Audeze LCD-5. Susvara would be a great place to stop, but I don't think that MZ3 can't drive them to their full ability.

May 18, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #140 of 141
Interesting.

Will post after arrival of new Auralic S1 streamer and Aero settle in.
I saw a YT review of the new Auralic two piece streamer. Looks very neat; almost dCs Lina like....

May 18, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #141 of 141
I'm interested in learning more about the chains that new Aero DAC owners will be deploying.

What I am considering is:

Roon Nucleus > Fibre > Rose RS-130 or Lumin U2 > LTA Aero DAC > LTA MZ3 > Headphones

The streaming transport is one of the final pieces in the puzzle. Costs are the same, technology is really similar, but physically different. The Rose is more visually appealing, the Lumin more functional.

Headphones wise, I am considering divesting my ZMF fleet. I just don't enjoy them as much as my Arya Stealth. I have never really been blown away by them sonically - perhaps sacrilege to admit. Please don't lynch me.

I want to audition HE1000SE and Audeze LCD-5. Susvara would be a great place to stop, but I don't think that MZ3 can't drive them to their full ability.
I have Bluesound streamers for convenience of a single interface because I have three systems between home and office. I also like that they are small and can be hidden to reduce clutter. I would also be interested in opinions on sources into the Aero, my local shop is high on a Margules streamer so I plan to demo it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back