The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 22, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #23,641 of 23,651
No worries.

The Final Type Es are smallish/olive shape (bit like the old Shure olives) so they fit quite deep, whereas the Spinfits are larger/have a larger bore size. So depends on the shape of your earholes as to which will give you a better fit.
I've done a small amount of tip rolling so I get what you're talking about. I might have to pass on the Spinfits then as I find a deep fit a bit more comfortable.

May 22, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #23,642 of 23,651
I've done a small amount of tip rolling so I get what you're talking about. I might have to pass on the Spinfits then as I find a deep fit a bit more comfortable.
Yep I get you. All the other suggestions from everyone are great ones as well. That's the thing with tip rolling; you don't have to spend a whole lot of extra cash to get the fit you want or tweak the sound a bit Vs, say, cable rolling.

I'm sure you'll love the U12t to bits 👍

May 22, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #23,643 of 23,651
No worries.

The Final Type Es are smallish/olive shape (bit like the old Shure olives) so they fit quite deep, whereas the Spinfits are larger/have a larger bore size. So depends on the shape of your earholes as to which will give you a better fit.
and what sound one may prefer too... material and related thickness and rigidity, size and share of borehole, depth of insertion, length of tip over the end of the sprouts, etc.. add also to quite a bit of coloring in addition to fit and seal

May 22, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #23,644 of 23,651
Yep I get you. All the other suggestions from everyone are great ones as well. That's the thing with tip rolling; you don't have to spend a whole lot of extra cash to get the fit you want or tweak the sound a bit Vs, say, cable rolling.

I'm sure you'll love the U12t to bits 👍
U12T have LID tech... cable rolling will not make much difference as LID will adjust the impedance anyway.
I tried and I cannot hear any difference cable-rolling wise.

1716374643657.png

May 22, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #23,645 of 23,651
U12T have LID tech... cable rolling will not make much difference as LID will adjust the impedance anyway.
I tried and I cannot hear any difference cable-rolling wise.

In theory.

In practice, I hear a noticeable difference between the stock cable and a very thin cable from Dr Juggles that my friend gave me. After testing this and that, I’m back to the stock cable 😂 comfortable, stealthy, and wide compatibility (3.5mm jack)

Afaik, LID ensures that the impedance curve is flat rather than going all over the place like some other sensitive IEM, which is helpful. I’m setting an impedance measurement setup to test this claim

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #23,646 of 23,651
In theory.

In practice, I hear a noticeable difference between the stock cable and a very thin cable from Dr Juggles that my friend gave me. After testing this and that, I’m back to the stock cable 😂 comfortable, stealthy, and wide compatibility (3.5mm jack)

Afaik, LID ensures that the impedance curve is flat rather than going all over the place like some other sensitive IEM, which is helpful. I’m setting an impedance measurement setup to test this claim
A would guess a very thin cable is a bit of an extreme case ... :L3000: ... anyway I also really like the stock cable too (and Kbear cables sound really good, practically the same, as well)

May 22, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #23,648 of 23,651
This is a massive tread. I recently got the u12t and I’m very happy with the sound. Very mature tuning with excellent resolution. Would it benefit much from a dap? I’m currently using an apple dongle
It would, very much so. I shudder to think how much more of the U12t's sound potential you'll hear with a good DAP. Apple dongle has lovely tonality but is quite limited technically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back