The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device Measurement Thread [Overview of Measurements in Post #3, Tutorial in Post #2]
Nov 28, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #197 of 255
Cowon Plenue J:

No Load:

No Load.jpg

Triple.Fi 10:

Triple.Fi 10_2.jpg

JetEffect:

Semi-Parametric EQ:

Frequency:

frequency.jpg

Bandwidth:

bandwidth.jpg

BBE:

BBE.jpg

Mach3Bass:

Mach3Bass.jpg

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #200 of 255
dunno.. guess it depends of Triple.Fi impedance curve (and supposing flat output impedance in the source, which is usual).
you are used to test sources with Triple.Fi, and so you are able to calculate it.
after testing and watching others' tests of xiaomi phones, noticed that those equipped with mediatek processors, use to have an output impedance around 15 ohms.
while those equipped with qualcomm snapdragons, are around 0.8 ohms; at least, QCs from 6xx series and higher. maybe output impedance of 4xx series is higher.
compare a note 4 mediatek (17 ohms) with note 4x snapdragon 625 (0.8 ohms):
http://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xiaomi-redmi-note-4.php
http://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xiaomi-redmi-note-4x-pa.php
my future phone will be a QC for sure..

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #201 of 255
Calculated it again and it should be 4.5 Ohms.

Anyway, it's not close to 0 or 1 Ohms. And there's some other weird stuff going on with the audio playback, such as a noise floor that changes its intensity depending on the music's dynamic, along with some quiet crackling whose intensity changes as well depending on the dynamic (noise gate? Bad power supply and distribution? Or just audible DAC artifacts? Whatever it is, it leads to a slightly strange presentation).

Nov 29, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #203 of 255
Could you have a bad copy?

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #204 of 255

Me? I don't think that this is the case.

But I also think that Xiaomi didn't really expect their users to use super sensitive multi-BA in-ears; it's a budget-oriented smartphone after all (but a really good one besides the audio part, heck it's even got a magnetic compass for proper GPS orientation, something I really didn't expect to find in a budget model).

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #206 of 255

High output impedance isn't really unheard of in phones. Even iRiver thought high output impedance was a good idea with their first Astell&Kern, they proudly advertised that it had the same output impedance as hifi speaker amplifiers (over 20 ohm).

And these are Hi-Rezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz engineers we're talking about.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #208 of 255
Boy, would I like to see outputs to BA iems out of TOTL Astell&Kern DAPs, Opus #2, or the Lotoo Paw Gold. That would be great if somebody measures can get review samples to make comparisons in iems response differences between them.

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #209 of 255
FiiO Q1 MkII (single-ended 3.5 mm TRS):

Amp, No Load:

Amp, no load.jpg

DAC-Amp, No Load:

DAC-Amp no load.jpg

DAC (Line Out), No Load:

DAC line out.jpg

Bass Boost:

Bass Boost.jpg ... and the same measurement with a different graph scaling: Bass Boost (different scale).jpg

Triple.Fi 10:

Triple.Fi 10.jpg

=> ~ 1.2/1.3 Ohms output impedance, single-ended. Basically hiss-free (single-ended) in pure amp mode even with super sensitive IEMs such as the SE846 and KC06A; some very mild hissing when used as a DAC-Amp. Noticeable hiss over the balanced 2.5 mm TRRS output. The thing I probably love the most is that they implemented a digital volume control.

Attachments

• DAC-Amp line out.jpg
    DAC-Amp line out.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back