[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #151 of 266
I don't think it's bad, but really curious to know what other people hear out of it. I mean, Audio-gd did discontinue it already, which makes me wonder if he thinks it's bad or it just got so much bad press it was better just to replace it with a new model.

Sorry to keep going on about it. Guess I'm a bit excited.
Oh ok hahaha I'm in love with my Chord Mojo. It's the perfect dac for my tastes and pairs really well with my Cavalli Audio Carbon v2. I'm always up for hearing a different take on music via the dac though. Ever since I began this beautiful path down musical bliss via headphones and could hear differences in gear I was hooked. Maybe your Audio-god dac is just the ticket for a particular headphone out there that will turn its signature into magic for the ears!

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #152 of 266
Oh ok hahaha I'm in love with my Chord Mojo. It's the perfect dac for my tastes and pairs really well with my Cavalli Audio Carbon v2. I'm always up for hearing a different take on music via the dac though. Ever since I began this beautiful path down musical bliss via headphones and could hear differences in gear I was hooked. Maybe your Audio-god dac is just the ticket for a particular headphone out there that will turn its signature into magic for the ears!

I really love my Mojo. My first one gave me all kinds of problems. My replacement from Chord runs like a dream and sounds amazing. Definitely my favorite DAC right now.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #153 of 266

I really love my Mojo. My first one gave me all kinds of problems. My replacement from Chord runs like a dream and sounds amazing. Definitely my favorite DAC right now.

Will you guys be getting the Poly? I'll be honest, I had no interest in the Mojo until the Poly came out. Now it sounds like the perfect mobile setup... except for that price tag on the Poly sours the combo a bit.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #154 of 266
Will you guys be getting the Poly? I'll be honest, I had no interest in the Mojo until the Poly came out. Now it sounds like the perfect mobile setup... except for that price tag on the Poly sours the combo a bit.

Personally, no. With the Poly at its current price is too much for my wallet. I am saving for the Chord Hugo 2 as my endgame dac/source. I am looking forward to hearing the Schiit Yggdrasil though or any of Schiit multibit dacs.

I went to the Head-fi meet in Phx about 2years ago at said library and brought about 2 dacs, 3 amps, and 12 headphones. It was a great experience to see all the reactions of people new to this hobby. The downside was hovering around your gear and not being able to demo others or get in line to. This year I will not be setting up a listening station but I would be happy to give a fellow head-fier who brought gear a break to be able to listen to some gear worry free.

I think I'm gonna be bring a good iem and HP to check out others amps with. I think bringing a headphone one is familiar with can help sus out appreciable differences....or at least I hope.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #155 of 266
this is great news, I'll be in attendance and this will be my first.

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #158 of 266
No Stax? Disappointing...

I’m hoping someone brings one because I’m tired of “hearing how good they are” on youtube. I really want to audition them.

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #159 of 266
I’m hoping someone brings one because I’m tired of “hearing how good they are” on youtube. I really want to audition them.
I have Stax already. But just not the high-end ones. Would like to do A/B comparison...

If someone can bring 009 + blue hawaii, I can bring my lower end Stax to compare.

PA040004s.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back