[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #46 of 266
Well if you want to hear specific music bring a source just to be sure. There are almost always more amps and headphones than DACs and sources. Even a Pono player or Ipod etc will work. I'll be streaming Google Play music, or if someone wants to login to Tidal I can stream that.

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #47 of 266
Well if you want to hear specific music bring a source just to be sure. There are almost always more amps and headphones than DACs and sources. Even a Pono player or Ipod etc will work. I'll be streaming Google Play music, or if someone wants to login to Tidal I can stream that.
So everyone that brings gear get's a little spot to put it? Or do we organize them into "groups"?

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #48 of 266
It's first come first serve as far as table space and placement, although everyone is really considerate and will accommodate in any way they can. There is no such thing as extra power cords, interconnects, and power strips.

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #50 of 266
Yes, if you plan to bring a lot of gear, the ideal is to bring a setup that is complete from front to back to play music. I tend to bring a tablet and dac+amp+headphones to meets and let people plug in their own headphones should they wish. Don't feel like you have to though. Every 2-3 meets I leave the gear at home and focus on listening to other setups more and socializing with my AZ audio friends!

I am also in contact with a manufacturer to see if they can make it. I'll PM you @Coolzo once/if it sounds more serious. As of now we're in the "maybe" stage :)

Aug 31, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #51 of 266
Yes, if you plan to bring a lot of gear, the ideal is to bring a setup that is complete from front to back to play music. I tend to bring a tablet and dac+amp+headphones to meets and let people plug in their own headphones should they wish. Don't feel like you have to though. Every 2-3 meets I leave the gear at home and focus on listening to other setups more and socializing with my AZ audio friends!

I am also in contact with a manufacturer to see if they can make it. I'll PM you @Coolzo once/if it sounds more serious. As of now we're in the "maybe" stage :)

I'm going to PM you. Cool?

Sep 4, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #57 of 266
Posting in case anyone local is interested (I'm also hoping they're gone by the time the meet gets here). I've got a set of HE-400i and an Asgard 2, both in excellent shape (only had since April of this year) I'm looking to get rid of.

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #58 of 266
I'm obviously in. Very stoked for the meet and it can't come soon enough.
I'll be bringing all my headphones that are listed in my signature. I won't be bringing any schitt though. I should have at least 6 pairs of HP's so it'll be a wide variety to test drive.
Looking forward to meeting everyone as this is my first meet. :L3000:

Not to fond of quoting myself, but I'd like to add (change of heart and mind) that I'll be bringing my entire lineup in my signature. Lots of different HP's to give a listen too.

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #59 of 266
New announcement! There will be a raffle this year, as their have been in previous years. Tickets will be priced at a mere $10 each. This time the grand prize will be... A brand new Schiit Jotunheim w/ DAC module! Other prizes are possible/TBA, stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back