[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #61 of 266
New announcement! There will be a raffle this year, as their have been in previous years. Tickets will be priced at a mere $10 each. This time the grand prize will be... A brand new Schiit Jotunheim w/ DAC module! Other prizes are possible/TBA, stay tuned!

Nice! Currently trying to offload some stuff to pick one up. If I don't have one by then I'll definitely be buying up some tickets.

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #64 of 266
My gear is pretty much in flux atm, but here's what I will bring:

Yggy
DoodleBug USB de-crapifier
pupDAC
Two of these: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...ss-a-wintergreen-handwarmer-by-xrk971.833106/
one optimized for low-Z 'phones, the other for hi-Z. You absolutely must hear these. Very eye opening.
AMB Labs DIY M3 (M Cubed) amp. An older design, but a stellar performer, especially for the $. ATM I have an SE unit, but may be building a balanced one.
Chord Hugo TT (unless it is sold by then).
M2Tech HiFace Evo USB-to-S/PDIF converter.
Uptone Audio Regen
HD 800 SDR mod
DIY T50RP 'Plastic Pantz'

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #65 of 266
I am planning on attending the meet and will contribute to help offset the additional costs.

Eddie Current Balancing Act with Mullard ECC35 ADZAM / EML 300b-mesh
Woo Audio WA6 (modded) wiith EML 274b / TSRP 6SN7
Cullen IV PS Audio DLIII DAC
Musiland Dragon USB->ASIO
Senn HD-800 with DIY Cardas balanced "Fat-Pipe" cable
Denon D7000 with J$ V3 pads
Audeze LCD-1 (only 25 produced)
EarSonics Velvet V2 IEM (trying to locate extra tips)

Sep 13, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #66 of 266
I am planning on attending the meet and will contribute to help offset the additional costs.

Eddie Current Balancing Act with Mullard ECC35 ADZAM / EML 300b-mesh
Woo Audio WA6 (modded) wiith EML 274b / TSRP 6SN7
Cullen IV PS Audio DLIII DAC
Musiland Dragon USB->ASIO
Senn HD-800 with DIY Cardas balanced "Fat-Pipe" cable
Denon D7000 with J$ V3 pads
Audeze LCD-1 (only 25 produced)
EarSonics Velvet V2 IEM (trying to locate extra tips)

Very nice gear. I almost just want to leave everything home and just hang out at your table all day. :L3000:
I believe this is going to be 1 hellava meet guys! Anyone else committing on attending?

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #67 of 266
Very nice gear. I almost just want to leave everything home and just hang out at your table all day. :L3000:
I believe this is going to be 1 hellava meet guys! Anyone else committing on attending?

I'm not committing to anything, but I was thinking of attending and bringing my Singularity-19, aka the worst DAC ever made, as known by some, along with my C-2 amp and Dharma D1000 headphones. Maybe just for laughs... or maybe you'll like it, as I do... But will you admit it?

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #68 of 266
I listed what I would bring, but that was a while back. I can bring my Feliks-Audio Euforia OTL and my HD800S. Virtually all of my listening is Tidal HD, but I don't have a laptop to bring, so right now I'm not planning on bringing a source. I may have a Gumby by then with Gen5 USB, but not sure how well it would work without adequate on-time at the meet, and again lack of laptop is a problem. Anyway, this will be my first meet so I'm looking forward ot it.

Sep 13, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #69 of 266
I listed what I would bring, but that was a while back. I can bring my Feliks-Audio Euforia OTL and my HD800S. Virtually all of my listening is Tidal HD, but I don't have a laptop to bring, so right now I'm not planning on bringing a source. I may have a Gumby by then with Gen5 USB, but not sure how well it would work without adequate on-time at the meet, and again lack of laptop is a problem. Anyway, this will be my first meet so I'm looking forward ot it.

Sidetrack, but if you have a halfway decent Android tablet or phone you can use UAPP w/Tidal and get bit-perfect audio out with pretty good quality. It's also the only way I've seen to get access to Tidal's MQA stuff on mobile (FWIW). I switch between my Nexus 6P and laptop as source, usually depends on which is closer to me at the time.

Sep 13, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #70 of 266
Sidetrack, but if you have a halfway decent Android tablet or phone you can use UAPP w/Tidal and get bit-perfect audio out with pretty good quality. It's also the only way I've seen to get access to Tidal's MQA stuff on mobile (FWIW). I switch between my Nexus 6P and laptop as source, usually depends on which is closer to me at the time.

Good point. I have a Galaxy S7 and a 2 year old Samsung Tablet. I can probably manage to get one of them set up by the meet :smile_phones:

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #73 of 266
Will Chris be here?

Been out of the game for quite awhile, not sure some of you have noticed. Gotta check my schedule, not sure if I have an invitational meet that weekend, but if not, I should be coming in.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #74 of 266
Will Chris be here?

Been out of the game for quite awhile, not sure some of you have noticed. Gotta check my schedule, not sure if I have an invitational meet that weekend, but if not, I should be coming in.

Speaking of Chris, I just realized... the dude hasn't even posted in this thread yet. How peculiar! But, indeed Chris @Destroysall will be present.

EDIT: Just kidding. But few posts!

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #75 of 266
Will Chris be here?

I noticed you haven't been around. Stop being a stranger and come to this one!

I will be bringing some other goodies but I'll keep them a secret :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back