[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #92 of 266
Oh, and please ditch the hat and glasses when listening to closed headphones.

It amazes me how many people walk away unimpressed with a headphone because they simply didn’t get a seal...

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #94 of 266
I am bringing an EarSonics Velvet V2 IEM as I found some ear tips.

Is anyone interested in listening to Fischer Audio DBA-02 mk-II IEM?

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #97 of 266
Yes, bring on the IEM's please! Ill try to remember to bring some alcohol pads for hygiene.

I appreciate it and I will try to bring some as well. I acquired 16 pairs of standard size and 8 pairs of small double flange silicone tips that fit both IEM's. I also have 9 pairs of small foam tips for the DBA-02's.

I hope that will be enough for the meet! We'll probably have enough alcohol pads between the two of us if I need to recycle tips.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #99 of 266
This is good stuff as I really didn't want to buy tips just for the meet. But who knows, I may love IEM's and grab myself a pair, but I just can't see them comparing too and being on the same level as headphones. I hope my ignorant, no idea idea what I'm talking about IEM's perception changes after the meet.
I also have a bunch of alcohol pads/swabs I will bring too.
I'm really looking forward to hearing these though. :)

About 3 weeks to the meet.

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #100 of 266
If only my K10's were universal. Stunning CIEM's.

Sep 27, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #101 of 266
This is good stuff as I really didn't want to buy tips just for the meet. But who knows, I may love IEM's and grab myself a pair, but I just can't see them comparing too and being on the same level as headphones. I hope my ignorant, no idea idea what I'm talking about IEM's perception changes after the meet.
I also have a bunch of alcohol pads/swabs I will bring too.
I'm really looking forward to hearing these though. :)

About 3 weeks to the meet.

You will be pleasantly surprised how good IEM's can be. The best IEMs out there will easily compete with, and sometimes surpass a similar priced headphone in some respects. The main area where full sized headphones usually win is soundstage, although some IEMs can have very good soundstage too. The two huge benefits of the IEMs are isolation and easy to drive.

Honestly, my IEM's sound better than a high end open headphone 95% of the time. Its only when its dead silent where the full sized headphones will truly shine. HVAC system off, refrigerator compressor off, neighbors dogs deceased, no more ICE cars, etc... Stars have to align just right for full effect.

Put in the IEMs in an already quiet room with just a high end smartphone, and the detail and low noise floor is stunning...

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #102 of 266
Hey everyone! I plan on attending. I was super sick at the last meeting and half deaf due to an auto-immune disease, relying on way too many nasty meds to make it through the day. I am doing good and my head is screwed on straight now and I plan on making it down in full health.

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #103 of 266
Hey everyone! I plan on attending. I was super sick at the last meeting and half deaf due to an auto-immune disease, relying on way too many nasty meds to make it through the day. I am doing good and my head is screwed on straight now and I plan on making it down in full health.

Glad to hear things are better for you this year, we'll see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back