[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #106 of 266
x4!

And, more news: Kennerton (a brand of Fischer Audio) of Russia has graciously agreed to send demo pairs of both the Odin (planar) and Vali (dynamic) headphones! Super super curious about these ones. More hype, more!

On another note, I have also personally acquired a pair of Fostex TH-X00 in Ebony, thus completing the trio of flavors at the meet :3

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #109 of 266
x4!

And, more news: Kennerton (a brand of Fischer Audio) of Russia has graciously agreed to send demo pairs of both the Odin (planar) and Vali (dynamic) headphones! Super super curious about these ones. More hype, more!

On another note, I have also personally acquired a pair of Fostex TH-X00 in Ebony, thus completing the trio of flavors at the meet :3

Very cool! I've been really interested in hearing both of those for quite a while.

Sep 29, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #110 of 266
Deciding what I will bring:

heavily modified Little Dot 1+
8w 6k6 PP amp I built
TVC style impedance matching preamp
Chord Mojo
ifi Purifier
Phillips X2
LCD-X

I also have a large tube collection of tubes listed below if anyone wants to try/roll tubes (let me know and I will bring them):
6sn7
12ax7
6v6
6k6
All common audio rectifiers
SS 5ar4 and 5u4g with B+ delay
Lots of small 5654 type tubes

Sep 30, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #112 of 266
Guys, I must make a request: If you or anyone you know has a flagship electrostatic headphone amp (e.g. Blue Hawaii, KGSSV, Carbon), could you bring it? This is critical... If someone brings a flagship 'stat amp, MrSpeakers may send his Electrostatic Ether headphones! But only if there's a suitable amp present*

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #113 of 266
I'd hate to step on the toes of the people planning the event and reaching out to vendors. Does anyone know someone at Campfire Audio? Would anyone be against me reaching out to them? It's getting a bit close to the meet, but I'd love to be able to hear a couple of their IEMs, especially the Andros or Vegas, and I don't see myself in Portland anytime soon.

Oct 1, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #116 of 266
I'd hate to step on the toes of the people planning the event and reaching out to vendors. Does anyone know someone at Campfire Audio? Would anyone be against me reaching out to them? It's getting a bit close to the meet, but I'd love to be able to hear a couple of their IEMs, especially the Andros or Vegas, and I don't see myself in Portland anytime soon.

Sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #117 of 266
Guys, I must make a request: If you or anyone you know has a flagship electrostatic headphone amp (e.g. Blue Hawaii, KGSSV, Carbon), could you bring it? This is critical... If someone brings a flagship 'stat amp, MrSpeakers may send his Electrostatic Ether headphones! But only if there's a suitable amp present*

I got you fam. You have a PM.

Oct 4, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #119 of 266
A minor aside, I have a question for the headphone tinkerers: Does anyone know if the Fostex TH-X00 (ebony, specifically) uses a four-conductor cable? I am thinking of re-terminating to an XLR, but hopefully without too much messing around.
Sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back