[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #124 of 266
Joe likes to changes things up and keep it fresh. You know........ Hypehypehypehype.
To be honest, I haven't even noticed.

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #127 of 266
So here's a question: If I bring some equipment and a laptop to use as a source, do I need to babysit it all day to keep it from getting damaged or walking off? What was the incident that happened last year a result of?

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #128 of 266
So here's a question: If I bring some equipment and a laptop to use as a source, do I need to babysit it all day to keep it from getting damaged or walking off? What was the incident that happened last year a result of?

Last year was a combination of unfortunate circumstances. 1. It was a public library. 2. It was downtown. 3. Homeless people and loiterers, everywhere. 4. The meeting rooms were downstairs right across from the restrooms, a particularly high-traffic area. Also, the meet was spread across two separate meeting rooms, which was extremely suboptimal, especially seeing as traffic mostly moved between the rooms as one large mass. None of these circumatances will be true this time around, plus I will be bringing extra eyes with me, and all of the regulars will certainly have there eyes well-peeled this time...

I might also add that the room we are in contains only one primary point of entry, and that accessing it requires going into the hotel and past the front desk.

I assure each and every one of you that it will not happen again, however, I do beseech those who bring equipment to be wary of it's status. We must all cooperate on this. Indeed, you are responsible for your own equipment. I do not mean to raise a sense of emergency, just keep these things in mind, and let's all enjoy the meet!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #129 of 266
Last year was a combination of unfortunate circumstances. 1. It was a public library. 2. It was downtown. 3. Homeless people and loiterers, everywhere. 4. The meeting rooms were downstairs right across from the restrooms, a particularly high-traffic area. None of these circumatances will be true this time around, plus I will be bringing extra eyes with me, and all of the regulars will certainly have there eyes well-peeled this time...

I might also add that the room we are in contains only one primary point of entry, and that accessing it requires going into the hotel and past the front desk.

I assure each and every one of you that it will not happen again, however, I do beseech those who bring equipment to be wary of it's status. I do not mean to raise a sense of emergency, just keep these things in mind, and let's all enjoy the meet!

Ok, that makes me feel quite a bit better. I really want to bring some stuff for people to hear, but of course I want to be able to mingle and try everything else as well.

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #130 of 266
Don't worry guys, I'll be there! And I once opened a jar of spaghetti sauce on my very first try!

I'll be bringing some IEMs like the Shockwave 3, Shozy Hibiki, DQSM D2002, Carbo Tenore, BGVP DM5, etc. Probably nothing anyone cares to listen to but oh well.

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #131 of 266
By the way, here's the confirmed list of what I'm bringing:

Singxer SU-1
Audio-gd Singularity 19
Audio-gd C-2
EnigmAccoustics Dharma D1000

The S19 will be connected via I2S HDMI from the Singxer and ACSS between the AGD components.

Oct 9, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #132 of 266
Okay, updated list of gear I'm bringing:

Gumby
Freya
Jot
Eitr
Vidar
Aficionado
HE-6 modified by LFF I like to call it Code Sex
HD650 modified
HD800 SDR
Pinnacle PX

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #135 of 266
Okay guys, I have some great news, and some quite as good news. First, the not quite as good news: As it turns out, Woo Audio will be unable to send demo units of their WA7 and WA8 amplifiers. This is disappointing (I was especially curious about the WA8), but it need not ruin anything! The set of contributors we have lined-up is absolutely stellar, IMHO.

Now, the great news: Everything is officially in the bag. Payments have been scheduled, paperwork filled-out, and the demo gears are flowing in. It's officially official, officially! I'll see you all on the 21st!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back