All threads in bold when I revisit ...
May 6, 2010 at 5:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jubei

Headphoneus Supremus
Before, when I revisit, only the threads that have been have new posts are in bold, everything else is normal (i.e. un-highlighted). This makes it easy to see which are the new threads. Now everything is in bold and it is hard to see which are the new posts (from since my last visit).

Is this just me or what. Using Firefox on Win XP.

May 6, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 11
Are you sure that you are still logged in?  I have logged in, and in the next session I had to log in again even though I selected remember me during the first log-in.

May 6, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
Before, when I revisit, only the threads that have been have new posts are in bold, everything else is normal (i.e. un-highlighted). This makes it easy to see which are the new threads. Now everything is in bold and it is hard to see which are the new posts (from since my last visit).

Is this just me or what. Using Firefox on Win XP.

Same happening to me, even though I selected 'remember me' when I logged in.  And yes, I am sure that I am still logged in ... my name is in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, I can click on 'My Profile' and be taken to my profile page , etc.

May 6, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 11
Yes. I am logged in - have no issue with the cookies.

The threads I read in the last session are marked as read if they have no new posts, but all others posts (even the posts before the threads I read time-wise) are marked as unread. Not like the other forum.

May 6, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 11
I just click "mark all forums read" at the top of the page when navigating away from Head-fi, solves that issue for me.

May 6, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 11
Yes, I find this issue extremely annoying because only the threads that are read will un-bold next time you visit the site.  There is also no, mark forum read button on the specific forum, which I find annoying.  Instead you need to go up on level (to the main forums page) and mark a specific forum as read.   As for using the"mark all forums read", I find that pretty unsatisfactory since there might be another forum I am interested in visiting later on which I haven't read yet.

May 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #7 of 11
On the main forum page you can click the green arrow next to a specific forum, for example "Music" and it will only mark that one as read; not the all the others.

May 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #8 of 11
But why is there the need to go to every forum and  mark as read manually when it used to do it automatically before?  The old way was a lot more out of your way and I didn't need to think about marking anything as read manually.

May 6, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #9 of 11
It's completely new software Head-fi is using, so the way everything is managed will have changed for the most part.  I imagine, since this software isn't as established as VBulletin was, that quite a few features VBulletin had don't exist.

May 7, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #10 of 11
It actually is the same on the new system, but, unfortunately, when we pulled the data over to our new system, we were not able to preserve "read" and "unread" status. It's an annoyance for sure but as you revisit threads, it should of course start tracking when your last visit was.

May 7, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #11 of 11
I'm not much of a tech / programmer person, but I suspect the new forum software can handle these things.

Jude - will give it a few days to see how it goes. I have been using the new forum for 2 days now, and one of the few things that I find to be really inferior is this lack of automatically making threads as read since my last session at Head Fi. Most other issues I suspect is a matter of getting used to the new system and a matter of likes and dislikes.

Anyway, great work. I'm sure you guys still have a lot of fine tuning to do.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back