aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Apr 26, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #2,071 of 2,084
hifi means high fidelity which means as close to reality as possible. it has nothing to do with details, "musical sound" what anyone likes or dislikes. it was about trying to come as close as possible to what you hear when you are standing in front of musicians. no harman mass tastes, not ultra high resultion, no extension at the ends of the frequency response, nothing everyone and their mother is discussing these days. since the beats headphones came up, the masses think they know what "good sound" has to be like. harman wrote a scientific paper about what the masses thinks this kind of sound is like and as the masses are what companys make the most money from, most companys went this masses route. and that is what we now have in "hifi". its all about marketing bs with either crazy numbers only people that "believe" think they can hear or with sound signatures the masses like. hifiman for example noticed, "oh it seems like the masses think exaggerated treble equals details, lets make some headphones like this" Qualcom thought "oh the masses think the higher resolution the better, they even think they can hear differences in resolutions above 164kbs AAC compression. Lets find some ways to push this agenda" and so on. i dont even want to begin with the cable industry. omg, what people think they can hear regarding cables has become so ridiculous. Even the producer Georg Lucas jumped on this by creating his THX brand, because people thought loud bass in cinemas equals good sound and THX still catches so many people, although it has nothing to do with "good sound", than than they needed a new marketing instrument and created high res. What on earth is high res sound? Why shouldnt a cd not be high res? they already tried similar with Super audio CDs, which still some people believe in. and than there are many things that became trends because of all that mess, like the people that bought "ultra resolving" aka bright headphones nowadays think they need tube amps and r2r dacs because they sound more "musical" but finally it is just their subconsciousness that tells them, their headphones dont sound like reality, lets find ways to tame the exaggerated treble. This has become such a cash cow for many companies one profiting from the other and people still think they have "hifi" as a hobby and throw their money at the flashiest taste of the month, but still dont know at all what hifi is about. It even has become much easier for companies as all the badly educated "influencers" with zero knowledge about physics transport all the marketing propaganda and people believe they are the ones, that they should trust. everyone should instead read at least one or two scientific papers about psychoacoustics, at least the "believers". now roast me if you want to, idc...
I guess I am not a purist in HiFi; Sometimes I like to listen to "Modified HiFi" !!! LOL, Depends on the music, and depends on where I am, depends on the device in my ears!
If it sounds good and I enjoy the music, that's enough for me!

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #2,072 of 2,084
hifi means high fidelity
Anything else about the corporate regime potentially profiteering off uninformed sheeple /s. Thanks for the thoughtful reply. The "true goal" hifi audio, is very muddied in today

You have to admit a benefit of all these extra areas companies are focusing on (outside of what a treble frequency should become as a new baseline since majority have said it "sounds best" thus sells well), were the topics i mentioned before, exploring (spending milked cashcow dollerinos on r&d) into new areas that enhance that hifi experience, even if the path of purist hifi is not as directly attacked. It still is but by less companies as you pointed out

battery tech could make wearables super light, almost unnoticeable when used. better semi conductors (reduced size/powerdraw/etc) may some day allow your TWS have todays phone level of sophistication. googleglass/applevisionpro like glasses that have hi res audio playing in your ear that weighs <10grams (haha dreaming is fun). anyway, until we get there what are you driving to enjoy your audio

ill stop posting off topic in the dongles thread but sometimes good conversation from a long term headphonious is needed

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #2,073 of 2,084
Anything else about the corporate regime potentially profiteering off uninformed sheeple /s. Thanks for the thoughtful reply. The "true goal" hifi audio, is very muddied in today

You have to admit a benefit of all these extra areas companies are focusing on (outside of what a treble frequency should become as a new baseline since majority have said it "sounds best" thus sells well), were the topics i mentioned before, exploring (spending milked cashcow dollerinos on r&d) into new areas that enhance that hifi experience, even if the path of purist hifi is not as directly attacked. It still is but by less companies as you pointed out

battery tech could make wearables super light, almost unnoticeable when used. better semi conductors (reduced size/powerdraw/etc) may some day allow your TWS have todays phone level of sophistication. googleglass/applevisionpro like glasses that have hi res audio playing in your ear that weighs <10grams (haha dreaming is fun). anyway, until we get there what are you driving to enjoy your audio

ill stop posting off topic in the dongles thread but sometimes good conversation from a long term headphonious is needed
thank you for your reply! Yes, lets keep it on topic., i wont go deeper into this here either.

Sometimes when you have followed some trend cycles it is getting annoying and i tend to rant and let it all out tho :sweat_smile: :beerchug:

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #2,074 of 2,084
I accidentally downgraded the firmware of my KB9P upon first use. I wasn't aware that they ship with firmware installed and downgraded from 2.14 to 2.11. Will this be a problem? If so, could someone share the 2.14 firmware file with me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #2,076 of 2,084
Has anyone experienced their YET-T10 transmitters working fine for a while, then playing loud static? Goes back to okay when I unplug/replug. It's happened a few times now, never had problems before (but I've also been trying out a pair of Bose QC Ultra headphones (over the ears) if that makes a difference.

May 1, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #2,077 of 2,084
Has anyone experienced their YET-T10 transmitters working fine for a while, then playing loud static? Goes back to okay when I unplug/replug. It's happened a few times now, never had problems before (but I've also been trying out a pair of Bose QC Ultra headphones (over the ears) if that makes a difference.
I experienced similar issues when plugged my BT-W5 into a docking station connected to work laptop. Interestingly, it works just fine with my home laptop through same docking station.

May 2, 2024 at 2:25 AM Post #2,078 of 2,084
could someone share the 2.14 firmware file with me?
Ive actually downgraded from 2.12 to 2.11 doing it
my "new" KB9P came with firmware 2.12.
Out of curiosity I used the firmware updater version 2.11. Unfortunately, the updater actually wrote version 2.11 over my 2.12.

I've finally got E-mail with latest firmware 2.14 for KB9P from Vaorlo AliExpress seller. I've just updated my KB9P from 2.11 to 2.14 fw.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/luenoflszpga2/KB9P+Firmware+2.14
All software and firmwares https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wm0nsvo31p4jq/KB8_KB8P_KB9_KB9P
It's obvious that seller has a virus on their PC that is why E-mail from them has been deleted by E-mail provider. But we just need only *.FW file and can use clean updater tool hFirmwareUpdater.exe that we have from update 2.11 package instead of hFirmwareUpdater_vid0a12_pid1238.exe that seller has send.

Attachments

• firmware_update_2.11_to_2.14.png
    firmware_update_2.11_to_2.14.png
    27 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #2,080 of 2,084
Anybody try out the Avantree AS70P yet with LC3+?

Looks like this could be a neat solution to turn headphones or IEMs into low latency wireless devices.
I went through months of this…just use a 2.4ghz analog transmission system. I have one that even clips on. The quality on 16khz is going to be crap. I do have one pre ordered but idk if i really need it or will keep it

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #2,081 of 2,084
I went through months of this…just use a 2.4ghz analog transmission system. I have one that even clips on. The quality on 16khz is going to be crap. I do have one pre ordered but idk if i really need it or will keep it
Apologies if I am being dense but how does the 2.4 transmission system work with a Bluetooth TWS. I noticed the new AKG n5 hybrid comes with a 2.4 Wi-Fi wireless dongle, and this peak my interest but as noted I am unsure how this functionality performs. Thanks

May 3, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #2,083 of 2,084
Apologies if I am being dense but how does the 2.4 transmission system work with a Bluetooth TWS. I noticed the new AKG n5 hybrid comes with a 2.4 Wi-Fi wireless dongle, and this peak my interest but as noted I am unsure how this functionality performs. Thanks
It doesn't, he asked about the battery powered receiver. Which means he intends to use a 3.5mm jack device with the receiver to use bluetooth. If you're on the TWS you have no choice but bluetooth. Those AKG have a 2.4ghz system built in its seems, same thing as this but limited to only those headphones.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #2,084 of 2,084
recommendation link ?

Most will say "connected to dongle" or "connected to BT" via audio cue when turned on
1714715266594.png

This one satisfies my needs so far, but it's unavailable on Amazon right now. Don't know if it's sold elsewhere. Usually there are multiple copies of the same product, but this is the only one of these I've found so far. The transmitter base has usb c power, and 3.5mm and optical input. and the receiver has a rechargeable battery. Was pleased with the sound on focal bathys, but I intended this for a woojer vest. There are a good number of analog transmitters available, but they're exceedingly difficult to search for because everything uses 2.4ghz and most of the wireless audio results are bluetooth. 5.8ghz is also an option.

1714715496668.png

I got a cheap one of these and the audio quality is bad, not fit for purpose.
1714715722314.png

This is the bulk of the products they have, usually the analog ones require power at both ends. So you need a usb battery bank and possibly a ground noise filter($8). Alternatively "wireless subwoofer" kits are the same thing but from more traditional companies like dayton. I have one I bought but didn't open it, probably gonna return it. Don't know why I need that over the first one I bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back