Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon: February 10th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #18 of 287
Wow exciting.

Just a thought, I saw one of the other cities had a sweet name like can-con and I thought we should have one to so I propose we name these "Phoenix Phone-Fest" or something :p

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #22 of 287
I'm still trying to decide what to bring.

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #23 of 287
I'm still trying to decide what to bring.
Everything :L3000:
I believe I said I was going to cut back on what I bring but the more I think about it, why? These meets, soon to be events, only happen 2 times a year so I’m not going to pick and choose what to bring. Whatever I have?.....it’s coming with me.
I’m REALLY looking forward to this meet. Same with September.

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #25 of 287
Wow exciting.

Just a thought, I saw one of the other cities had a sweet name like can-con and I thought we should have one to so I propose we name these "Phoenix Phone-Fest" or something :p
Yeah, let’s come up with something
Phx phone phest
Phx phone phanatics
Az audio animals. Could have pic of a Javelina wearing HP’s.

Need ideas fellas

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #27 of 287
Hey guys,
I feel the need to get this out there on what a great company Audeze is. I have been dealing with them (for the meets) since August of this year. I have never engaged with a company in any business (I've been in business for 40+years too) that is so personal and helpful. Even though they have great gear, their people and service levels alone has morphed me into a big Audeze fan and I need to get busy owning some of their gear. Between Schiit and Audeze, I don't know what other companies in our hobby that are more personable and engaging then these two. For Schiit to loan out basically their entire line of amps and DAC's (with some HP's to use and full sponsorship) is excellent business practices and accommodating to the entire community.

Zach from ZMF is an awesome guy too and he's always been very accommodating in our communication/conversations. My hope is he can make it to this and the next meet. He's a busy guy with a small work force behind him so I get it. Understand I have zero affiliation with any of these companies but am completely floored and impressed with all 3 in their customer service and overall attitudes.

Additionally, this isn't taking anything away from all the other great companies that supported us in our last meet, but for Audeze to actually commit and send a representative to our next 2 events is very impressive.

When Joseph updated the first page from the OP, he stated they would be sending a sales rep. The gentleman that will be attending is the "head" of the sales department. To already commit to this meet for February and October (the gentleman I've been dealing with will be here in October) while lugging all their gear here, mingle/engage and talk to all of us (and of course sell) is quite impressive. My hope is many of the other great vendors/insiders follow suite, take a page out of Audeze's book and have the fortitude to realize what a benefit it is for them to "personally" attend meets like this for future business opportunities. It's a win/win for all of us guys!

Let's face it, other then maybe Sony, most of these companies are relatively small and are managed, operated and maintained by less then 20 people with many much, much smaller then that.

My hats off to Audeze, Schiit and ZMF for just being?........ them!
Sorry for the length but I just wanted to get this out there.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #30 of 287
I'll be attending with my yggdrssil (usb gen 5) dac into bottlehead mainline amp and I can bring my old Marantz HDDAC1 along with my HD800s, HD650 cans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back