Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon: February 10th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #93 of 287
In case anyone is following schiits latest news, they just released the analog 2 section for the yggdrasil. First major update to it since the incorporation of the eitrs gen 5 usb board. I am happy to say I ordered mine in December and have the gen 5 usb, analog 2 section yggy that ill be bringing with me. I'll posted up with coolzo with his Freya on my yggy/raggy combo for the true shiit megastack.

Jan 16, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #94 of 287
Guys, Im thinking of coming out if welcome. Is there still room? Maybe bring 3 amps?
We would love to have you. Being a Maggie lover myself and a tube lover, I would love to hear if you were ever able to bring that together. Was considering using my EC ZD as a preamp to my maggies, but that doesn't work with their headphone use - and we know that Maggies eat power for breakfast so not sure about a direct tube amp. Also, your horns are interesting if my ZD can drive them directly. Anyways, lots to talk about. Are you local or coming in from out of town?

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #95 of 287
time to hunt down a ticket.

It would be incredible if you could make it. I'm bringing Leeloo and would love to compare it to some of your other amps or at least compare our tube preferences.

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #96 of 287
time to hunt down a ticket.

Always looking to hear knew tube gear! Do you offer any of your amps as kits for those of us who enjoy putting some time into our gear and hobby? PS if you are coming in from out of town I have a few friends in the area with spare rooms. Feel free to PM me.

Jan 16, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #100 of 287
To anyone who has never been to one of these meets, they are the most laid back get togethers you'll ever experience. No pressure, just hangin' out with friends, including the ones
you haven't met yet.

Even if you're just curious about it, but don't have any gear (yet; you will after you attend, trust me), just come and hang.

anteroth: I'm looking forward to hearing your Analog 2 Yggy. Mine is from the first run.

Jan 16, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #101 of 287
To anyone who has never been to one of these meets, they are the most laid back get togethers you'll ever experience. No pressure, just hangin' out with friends, including the ones
you haven't met yet.

Even if you're just curious about it, but don't have any gear (yet; you will after you attend, trust me), just come and hang.

anteroth: I'm looking forward to hearing your Analog 2 Yggy. Mine is from the first run.

We can hook up to Coolzo Freya and a/b them

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #103 of 287
We would love to have you. Being a Maggie lover myself and a tube lover, I would love to hear if you were ever able to bring that together. Was considering using my EC ZD as a preamp to my maggies, but that doesn't work with their headphone use - and we know that Maggies eat power for breakfast so not sure about a direct tube amp. Also, your horns are interesting if my ZD can drive them directly. Anyways, lots to talk about. Are you local or coming in from out of town?
Ive had .7s and mini. They were super hard to pair with. I then built a first watt F6... Man do I love that amp. Tube pre + SS power is about the only way to include tube with Maggies. After Maggies I headed down the full ranger driver path, and settled in on horns. Big horns are the closest to all the positives that headphones offer. Flying in so, my big horn loaded monsters won't come but would love to chat you up about horns vs Maggies.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #104 of 287
Always looking to hear knew tube gear! Do you offer any of your amps as kits for those of us who enjoy putting some time into our gear and hobby? PS if you are coming in from out of town I have a few friends in the area with spare rooms. Feel free to PM me.

I don't anymore, but Ive sold some of my amps to as kits... sometimes it only will do if made by you. I vertically agree with this idea. Chat me up and lets brainstorm.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #105 of 287
It would be incredible if you could make it. I'm bringing Leeloo and would love to compare it to some of your other amps or at least compare our tube preferences.
The leeloo is such a fun amp... punchy little monster. I was thinking, Kenzie, Encore and a Mogwai... if people we really wanting, I could interchange one for an Agartha (300bs). The is one Mogwai Sp edition the wild, hopefully they can join too.
Re tube preferences... Id love to be able and compare JJ 300b vs EH (which is what I have currently) and the Sophia mesh globes. Globes would likely win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back