Audeze LCD-MX4
Dec 8, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #151 of 907
Couple quick simple questions...

What is the specific weight difference of these and the X in grams please? I have neck issues and am considering these to replace both my X and XC and weight matters to me.

Are the cable ports identical to the X/XC connectors meaning can I use my custom X/XC cables with them?

Are the earpads identical to the X/XC meaning I can use my plush earpads with these? I don't like the sticky leather.

Non-subjectively what are the FR differences between these and the X? +1db here, dip there, etc... i like ultimately flat headphones (my X and XC are sonarworks calibrated) and I would love a headphone that achieves flat with less calibration if possible. Does the plugin they provide put these to within 1db of flat or is the unit to unit variance in the 3db range? It would be nice to be able to use the supplied plugin without having them custom calibrated which is a troublesome process in general.

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #152 of 907
IMG_20171209_190852.jpg

i like them. they sound balanced to me with a little spike from 250hz to 400hz if im not mistaken that's why sometimes vocals are so forward. highs are sparkling but not much presence for me and extension. they're good for monitoring (gives you the whole picture of the song) and fast enough. it has the technicalities of the X but thicker sounding.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #153 of 907

i like them. they sound balanced to me with a little spike from 250hz to 400hz if im not mistaken that's why sometimes vocals are so forward. highs are sparkling but not much presence for me and extension. they're good for monitoring (gives you the whole picture of the song) and fast enough. it has the technicalities of the X but thicker sounding.
How would you compare the highs to the X?

Dec 18, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #157 of 907
and more resolution

if you could audition them :)

mx4 by far hits the bells for me on all the lcd line up..

I was hesitant because "monitoring" isn't really anything I want to do with them. I enjoy the X because they're fun as hell and I was worried the MX4 would lose that quality.

Dec 18, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #158 of 907
I was hesitant because "monitoring" isn't really anything I want to do with them. I enjoy the X because they're fun as hell and I was worried the MX4 would lose that quality.

it does what the X does :smile_phones: and with more resolution.. the sound is not as forward on the X.. a little further but same presentation, balanced.

at least for me

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #160 of 907
I was all set to buy them but then people started saying they weren't all that... really need to hear them in person i guess but it will be hard to compare for me since my X are already custom calibrated. I would have to send the mx4 off for a month and pay the price and hope.

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #161 of 907
I was all set to buy them but then people started saying they weren't all that... really need to hear them in person i guess but it will be hard to compare for me since my X are already custom calibrated. I would have to send the mx4 off for a month and pay the price and hope.
Custom calibrated...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back