Audeze LCD-MX4
Nov 9, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #76 of 907
Yeah, in retrospect even something as hefty as the SP1000 wasn't the greatest choice but I at least wanted to get some albeit short impressions on the MX4.

I weighed them without the cable which I believe is close to the official Audeze weight.

The Ether Flow is my personal at home headphone and I would say the MX4 is a warmer sound in comparison but not really overly so in my opinion. Soundstage was rather similar in memory, possibly I would say the MX4 is a wider. The MX4 is without an easier headphone to drive than the EF, on some of my smaller DAPs I have round the office the MX4 gets pretty loud pretty fast and the EF I think something beefy like an AK Kann drives it quite well.

Sound signature sounds perfect then! Thanks for the added comparison. Still a bit confused about Audeze's 30% claim though doesn't seem to add up... Ah well if they are comfortable when I demo them next week I guess the actual weight doesn't really matter!

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #77 of 907
Yeah, in retrospect even something as hefty as the SP1000 wasn't the greatest choice but I at least wanted to get some albeit short impressions on the MX4.

I weighed them without the cable which I believe is close to the official Audeze weight.

The Ether Flow is my personal at home headphone and I would say the MX4 is a warmer sound in comparison but not really overly so in my opinion. Soundstage was rather similar in memory, possibly I would say the MX4 is a wider. The MX4 is without an easier headphone to drive than the EF, on some of my smaller DAPs I have round the office the MX4 gets pretty loud pretty fast and the EF I think something beefy like an AK Kann drives it quite well.
I know there's a significant price difference, but how about comparing to the LCD-X? The X is easier to drive, so it might be an apt comparison. And the treble?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 14, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #81 of 907
Threw me for a second... This thread changed name lol! Still need more MX4 impressions!

Nov 14, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #83 of 907
It is still early days but my brief comparison is that this headphone is very similar in sound signature to the LCD4. So I reckon if you like the sound of the LCD4, you should be okay with the MX4. It is much easier to drive and lighter on the head. Price wise, it also makes more sense - at least to me :ksc75smile: Despite it being easy to drive, I am of the opinion that, like most cans, the MX4 will perform better with a powerful amp. I wasn't that impressed with the sound coming out directly from the Dave. It was nice but it was just not "lively" for me. With Dave + WA33, the sound had that "Wow" factor. I am still burning in my MX4.

Nov 16, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #84 of 907
I am so surprised to see that there are no reviews at all of this headphones.
Specially if we take into account that it was launched in October.
It is so weird.

What is happening? No units to release? No orders?

Thanks for your comments!

Nov 16, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #85 of 907
Hey guys, first off apologies for not doing more comparisons, I have been digging the MX4 but haven't had much of a chance to write some more comparisons.

That being said, The Source AV has partnered with Audeze to secure a review unit to send out. Trying to work out the details and looking for some feedback but if you are interested shoot me a PM if you are in the USA. This will be one of the first times or the first time organizing something like this and I would like to get some feedback.

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #87 of 907
Gonna get to try these out at the Audio show in Brussels this weekend

The Aeon Flow Open is already on the heavier side for my neck but instill curious as to how the bigger brother of my LCD-i4 will sound hehe

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #88 of 907
Nov 16, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #89 of 907
Really wanna audition these next to my LCD XC, any comments about MX4 vs X would be really great to know too!

Saturday Noon - 6pm @ The Source AV 310-534-9900 Personal Audio Manager Alan Lin. @TSAVAlan

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back