Audeze LCD-MX4
Oct 9, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #31 of 907
I see, thank you - I'm sure it'll be successful so I'm not really worried but either way, even if it were to not be sold in Europe, I guess I can just order one directly and have one of my friends in the US proxy it for me; not the biggest deal. Do you happen to know if they gave out any sort of timeline for when it'll be released?

You can probably order straight to your home from them, you'll just need to pay VAT and deal with the customs hassle.

No. The LCD2 original driver had Fazors added to it in 2013. The driver design has not changed (except for Fazor) since the beginning.

Will there be a LCD-3 Classic down the line also? LCD-2C has piqued my interest, but LCD-3 is still the most interesting headphone for me in the Audeze lineup.

Oct 9, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #33 of 907
what about the lcd2c. what is the difference between those and the lcd2 fazor or the lcd non fazor models

I'd love to see a Tour here on Head Fi for the LCD 2 Classic,

Oct 9, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #34 of 907
Thank you @Audeze, for creating the LCD2C, as I'll be picking one up for sure close to release, and it will be my first Audeze product.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #36 of 907
Do you have any plans to sell those new headbands separately?
I'm desperately wanting to upgrade a headband for my LCD-X and those new perforated ones on MX4 and 2C look amazing.
I'll gladly purchase either of them whether it has carbon suspension or not.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #37 of 907
I got the LCD-4 headband for my XC, I would call it a "must have" option. I really like the XC but it could really benefit from a better headband than what comes stock.

BTW just wanted to stop by and say thank you to Audeze at RMAF. I spent a lot of time at your stand and it was one of the highlights of RMAF for me :)

Oct 10, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #38 of 907
Do you have any plans to sell those new headbands separately?
I'm desperately wanting to upgrade a headband for my LCD-X and those new perforated ones on MX4 and 2C look amazing.
I'll gladly purchase either of them whether it has carbon suspension or not.
Yes.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 10, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #39 of 907
I got the LCD-4 headband for my XC, I would call it a "must have" option. I really like the XC but it could really benefit from a better headband than what comes stock.

A $200 headband It's never going to be a "must have". Other thing is that you want to justify its purchase by saying so.

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #40 of 907
A $200 headband It's never going to be a "must have". Other thing is that you want to justify its purchase by saying so.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. Yea the $200 cost sucks and if you can find a cheaper way to do it then that's fantastic. The point is that the headband that the XC comes with has a hot spot that bothers a lot of people. An upgraded/replacement headband solve the problem. The LCD-4 headband in particular both looks great and is highly functional. IMO it made a huge huge huge difference in the comfort.

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #44 of 907
The @Lohb strip was good enough for me and it was a fraction of the cost of the headband upgrade.

I got used to the weight, also I don't feel that point of pressure on the top everybody seems to feel.
However, I'm considering the Lohb strap just to see how different they fit, I guess not for worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back