Audeze LCD-MX4
Oct 14, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #46 of 907
I´m really glad Audeze is finally producing headphones with reduced weight. Around 400g with comfortable suspension headband for LCD-2c and LCD-MX4 is a great news. Looking forward to sound impressions. Especially LCD-2C with a very competitive 599 USD price tag is quite interesting for me as I liked LCD-2 very much apart from the weight.

Oct 14, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #47 of 907
Tyll just posted a video of the MX4 and he said it sounded smoother and warmer than the LCD4... Add the improved weight onto that and these sound like they could be pretty amazing!

Oct 14, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #48 of 907
I´m really glad Audeze is finally producing headphones with reduced weight. Around 400g with comfortable suspension headband for LCD-2c and LCD-MX4 is a great news. Looking forward to sound impressions. Especially LCD-2C with a very competitive 599 USD price tag is quite interesting for me as I liked LCD-2 very much apart from the weight.

We're in the same page here. I love everything about lcd2 (mine was non fazor version) except the weight. The lcd2c is an amazing headphone especially at $599

Oct 14, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #49 of 907
Tyll just posted a video of the MX4 and he said it sounded smoother and warmer than the LCD4... Add the improved weight onto that and these sound like they could be pretty amazing!

To be honest Tyll's opinion regarding the Audeze line and the LCD-4 in general seemed a bit off to me.....smoother and warmer?....seems to me the LCD-4 was already known for it smooth and warm signature.....

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #50 of 907
Gave the MX4 a quick listen at RMAF and my first reaction was how comfy they were right from the get-go. Had a pair of LCD-4 at home from August 2016-June 2017 and while I did like how they sounded the weight of the headphones with my bigger cables caused me to not have the longest of listening sessions. From the quick listen I think I might actually prefer the sound signature of the MX4 over the LCD-4 but it was a bit of a noisy environment.

Would love to get my hands on a pair soon, I really expect when lots of people start hearing the MX4 it will be a real winner with its lighter weight and improved comfort with a nice sound to boot.

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #51 of 907
Gave the MX4 a quick listen at RMAF and my first reaction was how comfy they were right from the get-go. Had a pair of LCD-4 at home from August 2016-June 2017 and while I did like how they sounded the weight of the headphones with my bigger cables caused me to not have the longest of listening sessions. From the quick listen I think I might actually prefer the sound signature of the MX4 over the LCD-4 but it was a bit of a noisy environment.

Would love to get my hands on a pair soon, I really expect when lots of people start hearing the MX4 it will be a real winner with its lighter weight and improved comfort with a nice sound to boot.

I personally prefer the MX4 over the LCD4 when I listened to both at canjam. But, they connected to different source and amp and that might affect my impression. Still, the weight and comfort is a winner for me.

Oct 17, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #52 of 907
I did an A/B of the LCD4 and MX4 out of both the Dave they had and the King amp. Oddly (to me at least) I think I preferred the LCD4 out of the King amp, but the MX4 out of the Dave. On both, when I tried to volume match by ear, I felt the MX4 could reach deeper bass notes. Either way I liked what I heard :)

Oct 17, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #53 of 907
I know they are meet conditions but if anyone could compare the MX4 to some other high end headphones like the Ether Flows or something along those lines it would be greatly appreciated :L3000:

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #57 of 907
Has anyone ordered an lcd-mx4? I am tempted to because it looks great but am hesitant given the $3000 price. Initial impressions from rmaf seem good but of course auditioning an open headphones in that environment isn't ideal.

Oct 20, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #58 of 907
Audeze MX4 Preorder email Version B.jpg

Accepting preorders now!

Oct 20, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #59 of 907
Do you guys think you'll get one in when they're released to audition? I will be in Torrance in early November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back