AZ Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread (2023-12-18)
Jan 24, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #16 of 17
Oh, I thought this thread was closed to responses? I neglected to post thoughts right after the meet and by the time I recalled I thought it was too late. But let's see if it allows me to share my modest setup.

20231118_134642.jpg

I brought my Modhouse Tungsten DS and a little rig to demo it, consisting of Roon Core, ADI-2, Violectric V280, and Schiit / Nitch Piety. This was actually my first time trying Tungsten on Piety, after having heard that the pairing works. It does, and delivers an interesting, smooth presentation. The V280 drives Tungsten with more authority, and I enjoy the bit of richness that amp adds (i.e., I personally find it a nice flavor pairing).

I also didn't get any pics of my Tungsten at the meet, but here's a "stock photo" from when it arrived. :xf_smile:

20230906_122007.jpg

Finally, huge shout out to Schiit and @Coolzo for putting this together. My wife won the Lyr+ raffle, and we have since built out the rest of her stack with a Bluesound Node and Bifrost 2/64 on a Topping SR2 mini rack. The Node has been impressive as a transport for not only supporting Roon over wired ethernet, but also for HDMI ARC input that has enabled us to run Xbox audio through the TV into Autumn's rig. Gaming with LIRIC on this stack is impressive! 3D tracking was outstanding in Assassin's Creed Mirage. So huge thanks from both of us! What an awesome giveaway!

20231213_194326.jpg
Very cool to see Autumn's Lyr+ Stack!
Now that I know heads from tails I can't wait for another meet and I would love to hear that Modhouse along with all the stuff I missed last time.

Next time I have a little bit more to bring and share with everyone aside from just my Symphonium Crimson and Questyle M15.
Hiby RS8 w/dock (Thanks for demoing yours @SpeleoFool ) and a Topping A90D.
20240124_191437.jpg
amp/DAC.

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #17 of 17
Now that I know heads from tails I can't wait for another meet and I would love to hear that Modhouse along with all the stuff I missed last time.
I think that will remain a popular item to share for some time to come. I believe Ryan has taken a batch or two of public orders now, but I think the wait might be 6 months? In any case, they're getting out into the wild, but they might be hard to come by for a while yet.

I'm looking forward to the next meet as well. Now that I know what the vibe is for these, I'll bring some better gear next time. :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back