Balance Board at the Office
Jan 31, 2018 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ksorota

1000+ Head-Fier
I have been a full time standing desk user at work for the last 4+ years and the greatest piece of tech I have bought to sustain this trend was a balance board. A little over a year ago I purchased a balance board and standing at my desk has been brought to a whole other level. My balance, core strength, and productivity have all gone up since getting one.

I was wondering how many others out there are standing at work, and doing so on a board?

Best.

Nov 14, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 4
I used to stand at my desk in the office and walk around while on calls all the time. Now with being on video 100% of meetings, it has plopped me squarely in front of my chair the last few years to stay in frame. I’ve now realized I miss walking around and talking. Maybe a balance board is a good compromise. Some of my peers tried it and said it didn’t stick, though.

Didnt there used to be a balance board company in the late 90s that were sold in skate shops? Some people could kick flip them stationary, IIRC?

Jul 17, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 4
I don't use a balance board, but some of my coworkers do. I've found that they're highly inconsistent with them though. Seems more of a novelty after the first couple of weeks for most people. I've found a lot of success with the Ergodriven Topo (https://ergodriven.com/products/topo). It works well for anti-fatigue and the landscape means I always have a new way of standing that gives some variety. Highly recommend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back