Bithead With iPad2?
Sep 17, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 12
It seems probable because the Cables To Go 22327 USB to optical converter does work and uses "USB Audio," which I'm pretty sure is the standard that the BitHead uses.  No guarantees though!

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 12
Hi Guys,

Although no one around these parts actually has an iPad 2  -- HeadRoom just owns a lowly iPad 
rolleyes.gif
  -- i do know that several customers have used their iPad 2 tablets at our various Headphone.com audio events w/ our HeadRoom DACs w/o any issue!

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
jorge
HeadRoom Sales & Operations Manager
jorge@headphone.com

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 12
I have both an iPad2 and a Total Bithead and the camera kit and so far I can not get them to work together. Maybe I am doing something wrong (can't imagine what)?

Drew

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 12
I didn't have any luck getting them to work. I kept getting the message that the device used to much power or something like that.

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 12
SAME HERE.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #9 of 12
The iPad one and iPad two will most likely display this message "The attached accessory uses too much power." You will need to pause the music, and turn the Bithead on before you plug it into the USB connection. Then it will not be asking the iPad for power. Once you have plugged it in you can push "PLAY." The music will likely play for a few seconds out of the iPad's internal speaker, but it should switch fairly quickly to the Bithead. 

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
The iPad one and iPad two will most likely display this message "The attached accessory uses too much power." You will need to pause the music, and turn the Bithead on before you plug it into the USB connection. Then it will not be asking the iPad for power. Once you have plugged it in you can push "PLAY." The music will likely play for a few seconds out of the iPad's internal speaker, but it should switch fairly quickly to the Bithead. 

I guess I'll give it another shot.  Returned the Camera kit.  Off to the Apple store.  That is always dangerous............

Thanks for the help

Nov 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #11 of 12
Happy to say the Total Bithead is working great with the iPad2.  listening to music streamed/Home Sharing from the Mac downstairs.  The Bithead sounds great with the HD600/Cardas.  Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back