Blue Announces Ella, Sadie and Satellite Headphones @ CES 2017
Dec 4, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #317 of 327
Oh! I am sorry, I meant Sadie since Mofi is replaced by Sadie. What is the difference between Sadie and Mofi?

Sadie is the sequel to Mo-Fi and they're more alike than different. They both have almost the same exact set of features and drivers. The core differences are that the Sadie has the updated headband and has been tuned to have more clarity in the treble. Sadie also uses the second generation of on-board power amplifier which Blue says is an improvement. Cheers!

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #318 of 327
Sadie is the sequel to Mo-Fi and they're more alike than different. They both have almost the same exact set of features and drivers. The core differences are that the Sadie has the updated headband and has been tuned to have more clarity in the treble. Sadie also uses the second generation of on-board power amplifier which Blue says is an improvement. Cheers!
Is there any detailed review and comparison between them?

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #321 of 327
Not sure if it was said - The Ella uses the same drivers as shown on

https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/diyers-delight-fostex-t50rp-mk3

same markings:
Foster dp 29 SZ1d

I should check my Fostex TH500RP

Ah so you took em apart and found the same drivers?? Brave soul haha. That'd just make the Ella a glorified all-in-one T50RP with a built in amp and a better housing, and that'd be reason enough for me to sell mine. Just curious how you think the Ella stacks up against the TH500RP? Thanks!

Feb 9, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #322 of 327
Ah so you took em apart and found the same drivers?? Brave soul haha. That'd just make the Ella a glorified all-in-one T50RP with a built in amp and a better housing, and that'd be reason enough for me to sell mine. Just curious how you think the Ella stacks up against the TH500RP? Thanks!

Sound wise the Ella is 'better' than the Th500RP, not counting the amp. The amp is actually very nice if one is running off a cellphone/dap. I have to work on the clamping on the Ella, it is a bit strong in that she squish the pads to cause my ears to touch the drivers. Or just change the Ella pads for the thicker Lola pads or stuff something under the pads.
Re TH500RP, currently took out the metal covers and added the Fostex TH-X00 woodie cups (curious), sounds better semi closed.

Jul 29, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #323 of 327
Oh! I am sorry, I meant Sadie since Mofi is replaced by Sadie. What is the difference between Sadie and Mofi?

That's what I thought too, but APPARENTLY, the Sadie is NOT an alternate version of the Mo-Fi! Just saw on Blue's site that they have a new model for sale called the Mix-Fi, and the official Blue page for it lists it as "formerly Mo-Fi". Not sure what the difference is though, if any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back