Boombox-Fi....
Jul 22, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 15
sharp85ad.jpg

Gotta love the yellow shirt.

Jul 22, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 15
Page 13 - Sharp's APSS!! Man, that was high tech back when I was a kid, it automatically fast forwards to the next song!!!!!!

My Dad also had the Sony FH-& MKII!!!

Jul 22, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #6 of 15
Scarry thing is... I'm kind of in the market for one
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
. Stumbled onto that www site doing a little research.

I just bought a surface ground pool for the kids, so were spending a LOT more time in the backyard. I'm looking at those fake-rock speaker enclosures and patio lighting for the yard too.

Jul 22, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #7 of 15
Kramer, check out the JVC Kaboom. I believe they are better and cheaper from the ones they made a few years ago. I remember Brandsmart having good price.

Ed

Jul 22, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #8 of 15
I stumbled onto that site a long time ago. I was disappointed that they did not list my excellent Marantz PMS 6500. It is so good that I have considered using it as a preamp in my main system [it has line outs].

Laz

Jul 23, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #9 of 15
All of the sudden I'm reminded of a DIY, on-the-fly, cardboard dance floor that we [my "posse"] backward piecedmealed out of a couple hacked-up refrigerator boxes originally found whole behind the Sears that, once joined together, would unfold at the twig and grass collecting, duct-taped seams. Wow, talk about grab the hand with the fingerless glove on it, and drag me down memory lane.

I think I'll see if I can still do a head spin. I'm pretty sure nothing can go wrong.

Jul 23, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of the sudden I'm reminded of a DIY, on-the-fly, cardboard dance floor that we [my "posse"] backward piecedmealed out of a couple hacked-up refrigerator boxes originally found whole behind the Sears that, once joined together, would unfold at the twig and grass collecting, duct-taped seams. Wow, talk about grab the hand with the fingerless glove on it, and drag me down memory lane.

That was creative & made a LOT more sense on the second reading. The man has talent.
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
wink.gif

Laz

Aug 23, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #13 of 15
I actually found my gradfather's Pioneer SK-31 on that site. Wicked cool stuff. +1 for Breakin' references

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #15 of 15
Boom boxes are great. I have an old JVC from 1990 and the sound was very good. The left speaker died though. I bought a small boom box about 2 years ago from K mart for around $40 and it's not bad for casual listening. Great for kids but I don't have any.

These days, you can buy these CD shelf systems that resemble large boom boxes for around $100 or more and they actaully sound pretty impressive for the low price. Some of them come with seperate subwoofers and can sound very nice. If I was down and out with no money, these types of new boom boxes would be decent and satisfy me very much.........as long as I don't read Head-fi and other audio message boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back