Can Con Sydney Australia 7.5 Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #16 of 29
The wa5 was great with the hd800 and lcd2 i heard.

And tha magni 3 was impressive with the mojo.

Not sure how much heavy lifting was done by the mojo v the magni 3 but....
Great relatively non expensive set up.

Nov 12, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #18 of 29
I’m in Malaysia. Would definitely have gone if I was in Sydney. Lucky fella who won the raffle!

Haha no one. He was pulling your legs. Wink owns the Blue Hawaii and all the Stax headphones including SR-009 and 007 but he did not bring those gear for this meet. Instead he donated several headphones as lucky door prizes.

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #19 of 29
Haha no one. He was pulling your legs. Wink owns the Blue Hawaii and all the Stax headphones including SR-009 and 007 but he did not bring those gear for this meet. Instead he donated several headphones as lucky door prizes.
shhhhhhh.....i was hoping that might get more interest for next time

Nov 12, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #21 of 29
I'm definitely getting myself an f/1.8 35mm lens now...

Wouldn't be a proper headphone meet unless someone was compelled to make a purchase by the end right? :o2smile:

Thanks, and it'd be great to see the photos you took as well. The Sony lens I think is the best E-mount prime lens unless you're gonna splurge for a Zeiss, but the Alpha body is definitely superior to what I have.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #22 of 29
Who was the poor victim that was saddled with the Blaupunkt headphones...? :triportsad:

Actually, that would be me :laughing: I did have my friend try it and see what she thought though, compared to the DT1770 she heard earlier that morning. At the very least, I'm just glad she appreciates how big the difference is.

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #24 of 29
Ok may have just pulled the trigger on the limited edition Oxidised Cherry Eikons...

If anyone's keen on a mint pair of Audeze LCD-X's let me know - I've just listed them.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #25 of 29
Some photos I took

The biggest highlight for me was the combined effort of three members: Abyss + Woo WA5 (with fancy tubes) + Accuphase DC-37 DAC.

I really loved the sound of Accuphase DAC, but it's way too high end for me to afford. It was a rare opportunity to listen to it properly.

05.jpg

06.jpg

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #28 of 29
Here's an Imgur album of the better photos that I took, didn't manage to cover much of the gear everyone brought though, spent too much time in listening to them. Thanks for everyone for attending and pkwak for the organizing!

https://imgur.com/a/I2Ilj

If anyone wants the RAW files to do any post processing themselves, I can send them a Google Drive link or something.

Nice photos! I can't imagine the effort you put for the shot of my powerboard underneath the table lol.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #29 of 29
Nice photos! I can't imagine the effort you put for the shot of my powerboard underneath the table lol.

I was just happy there was so much equipment to take glamor shots of, and now that I think about it, most photos I took featured your gear. The Woo amp, the Utopia, the HD800, and the Elear was yours too right? As for the power board, it involved crawling... But I had to get a photo of that, never seen a power board with a glowing old school voltmeter on it before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back