Can Con Sydney Australia 7.5 - Saturday 11 November 2017 -
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #16 of 129
Hey guys, will be along for sure.

The only new-new items I'll be bringing (at this stage...) are

1. a newly-built Bottlehead Crack + Speedball upgrade (plus an assortment of 6SN7 input tubes + 6AS7G power tubes).
2. Beyerdynamic DT1770s

I'll also bring along:

- Grado GH1s
- Meze 99 Classics
- HD650s
- Beyer DT1350s
- Schiit Asgard 2 + Modi 2U

Very keen to hear the Eikon + the Aeons! Would be awesome if an Atticus showed-up as well to compare to the Eikons...

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 129
Very keen to hear the Eikon + the Aeons! Would be awesome if an Atticus showed-up as well to compare to the Eikons...

Your wish is my command. I have Eikon and Atticus incoming from ZMF.

I will bring along a new LCD 2f as well. You will be subjected to blind test ..... all headphones running off Yggy and Rggy.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #18 of 129
O

I will bring along a new LCD 2f as well. You will be subjected to blind test ..... all headphones running off Yggy and Rggy.
Ok, twist my arm then...

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #19 of 129

Oh, and once the blind A/B/C test is conducted I'd love to hear the ZMF cans on my Crack + Speedball too...

Aug 24, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #20 of 129
Oh, and once the blind A/B/C test is conducted I'd love to hear the ZMF cans on my Crack + Speedball too...

Blind test might be difficult to implement but I'd like to tabulate individuals scoring on HD800, LCD-2f, Eikon and Atticus on Yggy and Rggy. Then against other amps present there, including your Crack w/SB. It would be interesting to see which of the headphones score highest amongst all the attendees there. We could also possibly include other headphones too but the more we include, the harder it will be.

Aug 27, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #22 of 129
I will also bring JVC HA-SZ2000, VI Dac and 3 mid/high tier usb cables for those interested in hearing if there are any difference using different usb cables.
Great to look at some cables.

Do you know which usb cables you'll be bringing?

Aug 28, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #24 of 129
I just bought a Rega RP8 turntable with Apheta MC cartridge and Avid Pellar phono stage. Amazing sound.... Yggdrasil is being challenged ! Vinyl is still supreme to my ears. :ksc75smile:

Don't think I'll bring the TT though.

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #25 of 129
Since I can probably convince a friend to drive me this time, I can round out the somewhat more affordable end of the spectrum and bring the Aune S6. From last time's impressions, I think it and the Jotunheim are very similar. And if I get impulsive enough, I might buy FiiO's new F9 IEMs and bring them too, since it's been said that apparently they can match the SE535 in performance.

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #26 of 129
I've just found out I can almost certainly make it on the 11th of November after all.

Stax Lambda Pro, audio-gd NFB28, Ultimate Melody Miracle, and a smile.

Also Out Of Your Head speaker simulation software on my computer, which is a fun toy at least.

Sep 10, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #27 of 129
I've just found out I can almost certainly make it on the 11th of November after all.

Stax Lambda Pro, audio-gd NFB28, Ultimate Melody Miracle, and a smile.

Also Out Of Your Head speaker simulation software on my computer, which is a fun toy at least.
Great. I'm curious about the nfb28

Oct 6, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #28 of 129
I've logged in for the first time since the last meet and what in the world has happened to the look of the site. Appreciate the invite Nori but I'm not in this time around. Have fun

Oct 9, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #29 of 129
Guys. My family is moving to Melbourne in January 2018 and this Can Con will be last one held in Sydney for the foreseeable future unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back