CanJam @ RMAF 2017 (October 6-8, 2017) Impressions!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #151 of 373
Not crazy about either. Aeon seemed mid centric but without sufficient body or detail. Sundara cannot be run from a phone. My V-10 was all the way up and not loud enough. Pleasant enough but mids too laid back. Like they just darkened and quieted down the 400s. Not as peaky as the 400s and better bass.

Appreciate the input, Bixby! I was hoping the AEON Open would be more of a home run than people seem to think they actually are - positive impressions but most seem to not really be impressed by them. Makes me wonder if the LCD2C will be the best value for your money in the 500-1000 range; hopefully more reviews for the AR Planars @Allanmarcus mentioned (which I had no idea were only 600 bucks) come in so that we can see where things stand after all's said and done.

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #152 of 373
Appreciate the input, Bixby! I was hoping the AEON Open would be more of a home run than people seem to think they actually are - positive impressions but most seem to not really be impressed by them. Makes me wonder if the LCD2C will be the best value for your money in the 500-1000 range; hopefully more reviews for the AR Planars @Allanmarcus mentioned (which I had no idea were only 600 bucks) come in so that we can see where things stand after all's said and done.
LCD2 has an amazing SQ but really need to consider the weight. DAMN HEAVY...

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #153 of 373
One more interesting from canjam is.... dekoni new pads for HD800. A must to have IMO

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #154 of 373
Not crazy about either. Aeon seemed mid centric but without sufficient body or detail. Sundara cannot be run from a phone. My V-10 was all the way up and not loud enough. Pleasant enough but mids too laid back. Like they just darkened and quieted down the 400s. Not as peaky as the 400s and better bass.
oh I see. you think the elear would be a better option than those two ?

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #155 of 373
LCD2 has an amazing SQ but really need to consider the weight. DAMN HEAVY...

Isn't that a big part of why people seem to be loving the new LCD2C, though? From what I've heard they're meant to be like 30-40% lighter than the original wood ones, which would put them at like 400g max. Even if they are 450~ it personally won't bother me but I can see why it would bother others.

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #156 of 373
See my previous comments about the Sundara and add to that - my son and I think it has the potential to be king of full size phones in its price ranbge but only when amp’d.

They do need more power than the more expensive and better sounding Edition-X, which can be easily driven by a phone, but they definitely fill the gap left by the HE-400 and HE-560 that are gone. But even the DACportable, BlueDAC, and HiFi-M8 from CEntrance can all easily drive the Sundara.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #157 of 373
We also thought the LCD-2c and iSine were the best bang for the buck at the Audeze table. The weight was a definite improvement. My son was complaining about the weight on all the others except for the MX4. The 2c and MX4 have the new house sound that appeared in the X a few years back.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #158 of 373
Isn't that a big part of why people seem to be loving the new LCD2C, though? From what I've heard they're meant to be like 30-40% lighter than the original wood ones, which would put them at like 400g max. Even if they are 450~ it personally won't bother me but I can see why it would bother others.

Not to mention the fazors. Everyone complains about the weight, but the fazors always stabbed my ears! Never could wear them for very long because of that.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #160 of 373
I dont have experience to a new LCD2C so I cant promise about the SQ together with comfort but I can promise that sundara has its own potential to be the best the $500 range headphones. Also it will be in the list with Cleer (not Focal clear). Both has the best sound signature to me

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #162 of 373
See my previous comments about the Sundara and add to that - my son and I think it has the potential to be king of full size phones in its price ranbge but only when amp’d.

They do need more power than the more expensive and better sounding Edition-X, which can be easily driven by a phone, but they definitely fill the gap left by the HE-400 and HE-560 that are gone. But even the DACportable, BlueDAC, and HiFi-M8 from CEntrance can all easily drive the Sundara.
I see. I ordered a massdrop liquid carbon. hopefully that will have enough power. I was planning on getting either the aeon open, elear or an lcd2. looks like I will have to add the sundra to that list also wait for more input from the guys. thanks for info buddy

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #163 of 373
I dont have experience to a new LCD2C so I cant promise about the SQ together with comfort but I can promise that sundara has its own potential to be the best the $500 range headphones. Also it will be in the list with Cleer (not Focal clear). Both has the best sound signature to me

Ah yea I see, when you mentioned the LCD-2s in your previous post I thought maybe you were referring to the new 2C since that's mostly what people have been talking about. Regarding the Sundara, they seem to be a little polarising, you and another friend of mine seem to have loved it but others say it's pretty unimpressive.

By Cleer do you mean these? I'd never heard of them before just now, would you mind sharing some more information you might have? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back