CanJam @ RMAF 2017 (October 6-8, 2017) Impressions!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #166 of 373
Ah yea I see, when you mentioned the LCD-2s in your previous post I thought maybe you were referring to the new 2C since that's mostly what people have been talking about. Regarding the Sundara, they seem to be a little polarising, you and another friend of mine seem to have loved it but others say it's pretty unimpressive.

By Cleer do you mean these? I'd never heard of them before just now, would you mind sharing some more information you might have? Thanks!
Yes, Cleer by cleer. Not Focal clear. Cleer has the signature of HD800 but with better bass and controlled treble. Seems perfect to my preference and it is only $699

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #168 of 373
I don’t see anything on their site yet - can you elaborate?
Not yet released! It is special for the canjam. If im not mistaken it will be released the end of this year <3 I fell in love right after wearing it

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #169 of 373
Yes, Cleer by cleer. Not Focal clear. Cleer has the signature of HD800 but with better bass and controlled treble. Seems perfect to my preference and it is only $699

Interesting, thank you for sharing, according to their website it seems they don't have a definite launch date yet and they'll be available some time in Spring - good price, though, interesting sound signature and they look pretty cool.

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #172 of 373
Can you describe them? Are they deeper/thicker than the stock pads? Material?
The hd800 pads from dekoni will the be a lot deeper and it comfortable AF... the treble peak somehow reduced from the sound frequency chart and i can feel it by myself. It is hybrid pads

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #173 of 373
oh ok that's why. I was on their website and it says spring release on the cleer next lol
I personally conversed with the person who in charge with the Cleer and he said it will be released during CES!

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #174 of 373
Interesting, thank you for sharing, according to their website it seems they don't have a definite launch date yet and they'll be available some time in Spring - good price, though, interesting sound signature and they look pretty cool.
CES next year, but it was so sad looking at the booth, it is toooooo underrated. Not many of head fiers went to it... that's the problem in our community. Not trying for a something new :frowning2:

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #176 of 373
Oct 9, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #178 of 373
I see. I ordered a massdrop liquid carbon. hopefully that will have enough power. I was planning on getting either the aeon open, elear or an lcd2. looks like I will have to add the sundra to that list also wait for more input from the guys. thanks for info buddy

It should have plenty of power, which is a bit more current than my iPhone 7+ with lightning adapter. You have a good list to work with, so good luck figuring out which one to get! :p

What I mean by that is it's really hard to get them all together at the same table and compare them, and also see which gear has the best synergy with the headphone. I ALWAYS being a DAC/amp to test the gear because I know what it sounds like or how it performs, so the only variable is the headphone and not the rest of the audible chain.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #179 of 373
It should have plenty of power, which is a bit more current than my iPhone 7+ with lightning adapter. You have a good list to work with, so good luck figuring out which one to get! :p

What I mean by that is it's really hard to get them all together at the same table and compare them, and also see which gear has the best synergy with the headphone. I ALWAYS being a DAC/amp to test the gear because I know what it sounds like or how it performs, so the only variable is the headphone and not the rest of the audible chain.
I wish there was some place here for me to audition headphones lol. For now I have to get recommendations from you guys and find out the hardway. thanks for the info lol

Oct 9, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #180 of 373
Here's some more pics. I made it back to RMAF for a few hours:
https://imgur.com/a/NVMKE
https://imgur.com/a/NVMKE

...you said...

- Audeze LCD-MX4 - Dare I say I might like these more than the LCD-4? Heard them out of the Chord Dave... Just fantastic. The LCD-4 too.

I just don't like the LCD-4, and haven't since they first came out. The LCD-3 have always been my favorite, but the LCD-2c and LCD-X and LCD-MX4 are very nice, but too mid-forward for me. The regular LCD-2 sounded like something was wrong with them, and they were timid and too laid back with my HiFi-M8 DAC/amp.

- Woo Audio WA-33 w/ Hifiman Susvara - Wow! Maybe my favorite of the show. Reminded me of the electrostats with the level of refinement and detail, had a nice sound stage, much more open than the Utopia, better over all range. Comparing it side-by-side w/ Utopia makes me not like my Utopia LOL...

I missed this combo and wish I'd been able to try it out. I mention in my comments that I'd wished for a 50-80 watt speaker amp like with my HE-6, which sound heavenly when amp'd that way. That's a big reason why I was able to sell my SR-009 and KGBH amp.

- Shangri-La - I was surprisingly meh/disappointed for such an expensive high-end system. I would take the WA33+Susvara in a heartbeat over that thing. I think I read comments from someone else that there was an issue w/ the source. Maybe that was it. If not I'd spend on something else.

Like I said before, when using another amp as a pre-amp the Shangri-La really woke up and got clearer and less strained, so we really must try it with a flagship level DAC our source before passing judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back