CanJam @ RMAF 2017 (October 6-8, 2017) Impressions!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #46 of 373
If you're at RMAF this weekend, we have a last minute update from Astell&Kern. Anyone who stops by their booth for a demo can take home some free high-res music. Here's a quick photo showing a small collection of available music.

DSC08770.JPG

Oct 7, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #50 of 373
Thanks for all the photos and impressions, everyone; please keep 'em coming, for those of use who can't attend, to enjoy, vicariously.

Oct 7, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #51 of 373
Having a blast here today. I drove more than 500 miles from Montana to make it.

I brought my 650s and K7XX to try with various gear. Schiit has their full product line here, I got to try most of it except the Mjolnir. I really like the Valhalla 2 for the 650s and Lyr 2 for K7XX. Magni 3 is the game changer for Schiit though. For 99 bucks it has gobs of power and sounds very clean. I'm probably going to get the Jotunheim for more flexibility in the future myself, but even the Fulla 2 sounds better than I expected.

I've tried quite a few headphones so far. For the money I really like the ZMF Vibro. The Campfire Audio Orion is another standout for its value.

Oct 7, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #52 of 373
Oct 7, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #54 of 373
Those are my thoughts for now.

Update. The Aeon closed is in no way in the same class as the Ether c flow. The Ether c flow is far and away better than the Aeon. I was able to listen to the open Aeon, but the Ether c just has a much fuller sound, to me, than the Aeon.
Oh my god I sold my Ether C Flow last Thursday based on reviews of Tyll and Steve Gutenberg, what have I done, I sold it for half the price‍♂️

Oct 7, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #57 of 373
Please, share impressions about the Final Audio D8000 and the Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000 :wink:
It's way too noisy to get any impression of the 5000. It sounds good from what I heard, but it's very open, so one needs quiet to listen to it.

Oct 7, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #60 of 373
Somebody who can post impressions from the new MYSPHERE 3.1 (from the delvelopers of the K1000)?

The main thing I noticed was the way the sit and where the pressure ring is around my head. It was never uncomfortable, but I worried that for a long time listening session that could be an issue. The ear speaker part is moveable, if you adjust it too far out the sound washes out. I think the idea was that you can find the sweet spot and they they are like a speaker experience. I did think they sounded quite good but there was also noise in the room w/ people talking. I think they were quite competent and sounded good, but at the same time if it came down to me spending money I would probably go for a traditional over ear. I thought that the regular head band setup would be more comfortable and less annoying. They're by no means bad, but I definitely have a preference to other things in the room (Stax, Susvara, LCD-4, Abyss Phi). If you want something that is a little bit different than what everyone else does they're definitely worth giving a listen.

Edit: Family stuff kept me away from today, otherwise I had wanted to spend a lot of time in the CanJam area today :frowning2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back