CanJam Singapore 2022 Impressions Thread
May 3, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #124 of 133
May 9, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #127 of 133
This was the first ZMF I have ever tried and it was being driven by some super high-end Cayin Tube amp. I think they were pretty well balanced. Wide and detailed and not thin sounding. By 'balanced' I mean, no particular trait of the sound signature came off very strongly and it was an enjoyable experience. How much of it was being contributed by the amp that probably costs more than the headphones itself? I have no hecking idea but you wanna know a hot take? I think the ZMF headphones look much prettier in professionally taken pictures with perfect lighting and editing than in real life. When you hold them, you can tell these are not made in a factory but by hands. They have a certain roughness to them. For reference, see my potato grade phone camera picture. Someone outside the hobby would not call them multi-thousand dollar item just by looking.
4pxal62ckor81.jpg

LCD-X: The ear pads on this particular LCD-X were too squished, maybe from long use - notice the difference in thickness in the photo between the X and the GX? So when I was wearing them, even though the weight was not terrible, but the cushions squishing too much made it uncomfortable. Sound notes: Bass was very high quality. It hits you but at the same time, you could also tell apart different beats. I found planar-bass quality very enjoyable - however it came at the cost of vocals. The instruments and the bass comes off very clearly, but if you compare the vocals directly with something else (say ZMF Verite) they felt a bit withdrawn.

LCD-XC: On a high level, I would say same sound as the X, but I thought they don't isolate as well which was a let down for me because I was considering buying them as my closed backs. Also, they feel heavy in the hand, but not so much on the head, If that makes sense.

LCD-GX: More comfortable ear pads, because my ears were not being crushed, lighter weight and wider sound than the X and XC.

LCD-5: Not in the picture because they are so wide, I couldn't fit them in. Jokes aside though, they really are the widest Audeze's. Their low weight was a nice change after trying XC's but the clamp was too tight for me to even listen to them for more than 5mins. The build is high quality for all the Audeze products and they look impressive and feel good to hold. Unlike what I said about ZMF, these would actually look expensive to a casual person. More so because they have a very distinguishing design.

xy88jn58lor81.jpg

Lighter than they look, but if the ear pads were 10% thicker, they would have been very comfortable. From my listening, they didn't have the hardest hitting base on the floor - which I could see one expecting from them. From my perspective, they don't isolate super well and not comfortable enough for their price. Also they don't feel premium by their build. They are not janky or anything, but for instance, LCD-GX feels better built.

19bnms3woor81.jpg

Apr 5, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #130 of 133
Does anyone knows the company which is launching bluetooth dac/amp dongle with swappable opamps? I saw it some canjam singapore thread but forgot the name of company. Thanks
The Burson Conductor 3 Reference AMP lets you switch op-amps but its not a Dongle nor a DAC. I am trying to recall as I think you are correct. I just thought I would let you know what I found so far. Good luck!

Apr 5, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #131 of 133
Does anyone knows the company which is launching bluetooth dac/amp dongle with swappable opamps? I saw it some canjam singapore thread but forgot the name of company. Thanks
Might be the Aroma Audio Air

Users who are viewing this thread

Back